Talk

Advanced search

British Petroleum - political!

(8 Posts)
janelikesjam Fri 16-Nov-12 20:46:42

Normally I don't write about political stuff. I am bored with alot of it to be honest (Dave Lee Travis etc).

But I felt a huge impression when BP got a fine of $4.5 million because of the environmental havoc they wreaked in 2010 with their profit-driven neglience and resultant massive natural destruction along the Gulf coast of the U.S.

Does anyone else feel like that? Was $4.5 billion enough? Should I do something else?

ShellyBoobs Fri 16-Nov-12 20:56:49

Should I do something else?

Yes, you should.

BadgersBottom Fri 16-Nov-12 21:01:06

Hmmmm. Dave Lee Travis is not a 'political' issue. If you don't understand this then I suggest you educate yourself before attempting the big political stuff.

HTH

ninjasquirrel Fri 16-Nov-12 21:05:07

If you're concerned about the damage the oil industry does in general there are lots of campaigns you could support, e.g. Greenpeace campaigning against Shell drilling in the Arctic, where a spill would be devastating; Oil Change International is a US organisation which campaigns against the undue influence on politics of the fossil fuel industry; there are campaigns in the UK and internationally against the destructive exploitation of tar sands in Canada; there's still campaigning going on about Shell's vile behaviour in Nigeria... you get my drift!

OpheliaPayneAgain Fri 16-Nov-12 21:08:01

I'm not understanding the DLT reference

janelikesjam Fri 16-Nov-12 21:14:04

Yes Ninja, but any ideas what could I do on this issue? Wish I'd one it 2 years ago btw, I was furious then.

Redbindy Fri 16-Nov-12 21:18:05

I agree with badgers bottom. DLT is not a political issue.

Pedallleur Fri 16-Nov-12 21:26:28

If you worry about the Gulf thing, read about the Niger Delta. that's eco-destruction on a massive scale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now