Talk

Advanced search

To want you all to make me feel better re dd7 throwing the mother of all tantrums in the school playground

(12 Posts)
PolkadotCircus Fri 16-Nov-12 16:43:48

That's it really.

Won't go into the ins and outs,she wbu and I stuck to my guns.I frog marched.

I am however mighty mortified and blush.Of all the places she had to choose the school playground-at kick out time!!!!

I'm giving myself a wine

lurkedtoolong Fri 16-Nov-12 16:46:12

Large wine to you - and hope the tantrum has calmed down now.

CordeliaChase Fri 16-Nov-12 16:48:14

My DS hasn't quite reached the tantrum daily stage yet....but when he does it is always in the middle of a packed supermarket so every bugger can see and sigh. blush

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 16-Nov-12 16:52:42

You know if ever something like this kicks off in public and you feel hot and bothered later when recalling it - if you worry about people being judgey and throwing you fancy-letting-her child-behave-like-that looks - for every one of those there'll be one person furtively thinking, "What a relief, we're not the only ones to have this happen".

MrsCantSayAnything Fri 16-Nov-12 16:58:12

I saw a few tantrums today in the playground both before AND after school. It's the excitement of Children in Need etc. Don't fret...nobody will have taken much notice....I couldn't tell you which kids had had a meltdown today. smile

RonnyJotten Fri 16-Nov-12 17:02:33

They, the 'children' do that sort of stuff......fret not one day you will be old and doddery and can pay it back

HeadfirstForHalos Fri 16-Nov-12 17:07:57

The majority of the parents in the playground will have sympathized with you. The few, if any, who didn't are twats.

My 7 year old likes to throw a good loud public strop now and again.

crookedcrock Fri 16-Nov-12 17:15:16

Agree, the vast majority will have been thanking their lucky stars it wasn't them! Don't worry about it at all, we have all been theresmile

CaliforniaLeaving Fri 16-Nov-12 17:16:42

Aww bless I always want to give the Mum a hug when a kid does this kind of thing. I think just about everyone has had something like this happen. Dd did it in the middle of Dance class blush Those who've never had it happen just need to wait, they are bound to do something to embarrass the parents eventually.

LimeLeafLizard Fri 16-Nov-12 17:19:01

I just read this as you having 7 daughters?!

Or perhaps you mean that your DD is 7 years old?

Either way, I'll top up your wine.

Softlysoftly Fri 16-Nov-12 17:20:21

Oh don't worry, most mums will be thinking there but for the grace of god....

I had to get helped to the car by a nice mum collecting for charity in tesco after DD1 went into meltdown and I totally lost the plot dragging her along by the ladybird bag blush in fairness id had DD2 4 days before.

hurricanewyn Fri 16-Nov-12 17:20:26

I always think "Thank God it's not mine doing it today" blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now