Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to hope my mum Will take the devil child

(17 Posts)
Belini Fri 16-Nov-12 15:53:04

My 9m dtd has cried since 2pm yesterday! No tears just noise i have tried everything teething gel, calpol, bum cream, food, playing i even took her out in Pram at 1:30 am.
She had all the other 4 children up & my neighbour came round this morning to tell me she was exhausted because she heard her through the wall.
Wibu to hope that when dm comes to see us this evening she Will offer to take the little devil for the night so the rest of us can hear ourselves think?

SomeoneElseHere Fri 16-Nov-12 15:57:21

YABVU for calling her that shock

usualsuspect3 Fri 16-Nov-12 16:00:21

Is she coming down with something? Will your mum be happy to have her if she's so unsettled?

Floralnomad Fri 16-Nov-12 16:00:44

I think your neighbour is being unreasonable ! What does she think you're doing staying awake all night for fun ! I hope your mum gives you a break .

lubeybooby Fri 16-Nov-12 16:07:06

whenever mine cried like that it always meant she had an ear or throat infection or both - take your dd to the doc first.

BeerTricksPott3r Fri 16-Nov-12 16:08:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClippedPhoenix Fri 16-Nov-12 16:10:02

Also check her head for the 3 six's OP.

pinkdelight Fri 16-Nov-12 16:10:17

Why wouldn't you take her to the GP already, if it's that constant and disturbing?

overmydeadbody Fri 16-Nov-12 16:13:36

Is she still crying?

I remember my little brother did this once, creid non stop for nearly three days and finally the doctors found he had a cold sore at the back of his throat. Very very painful.

Hope your dd is ok and you all get some rest soon!

bedmonster Fri 16-Nov-12 16:18:23

Oh calm down someone, OP is having a tough time.

Hope you get some respite soon, it's hard when you have others too. Symapthy from me. smile If I was your mum I would take your DD.

Enfyshedd Fri 16-Nov-12 17:14:28

I thought health advice was any crying that lasts 24 hours should be checked by a doctor?

HecatePropylaea Fri 16-Nov-12 17:22:01

Take her to the doctor.

SkinnyMarinkADink Fri 16-Nov-12 17:24:56

My dd did that at 8 weeks and nearly died of a hernia hope you've had her checked out

Doogle2 Fri 16-Nov-12 17:30:29

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I think it was mean of your neighbour to say anything. I would have offered you some support!
I think your mum will struggle for the whole night so why not ask her to take your baby for a couple of hours whilst you have a bubble bath and some time out?
If its the same story tonight I would pop to the doctors tomorrow just to check all is ok. Good luck.

amillionyears Fri 16-Nov-12 17:36:00

What is her normal behaviour?
This sounds out of the ordinary,so hope you are taking her to the GP if necessary. Better safe than sorry.

NoraGainesborough Fri 16-Nov-12 17:55:01

I would be taking her to the doctors or walk in centre, tbh.

Hope she is ok and has settled.

OldMumsy Fri 16-Nov-12 18:24:21

ear infection and then you will fee like the shittest mother ever for not being more sympathetic. I think we've all been there have a wine and get her to the doctors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now