Talk

Advanced search

to not feel guilty about stopping breastfeeding...

(9 Posts)
AmberSocks Fri 16-Nov-12 14:06:41

This is my 4th baby and hes 6 weeks old.I breastfed him for 2 weeks then stopped because i was so sore.I know theres more i could of done to keep it going and sort it out but in all honesty i just felt like i want to enjoy him,not dread every feed.

I didnt bf my first two babies for more than a couple of days (same kind of reasons)but bf my daughter for 2 yrs and only stopped because my milk dried up when pregnant again,i felt like it gave us such a close bond and i put that down to bf,bu i feel that again this time even though im not bf anymore.

I dont feel guilty but now i feel guilty that i dont feel guilty?

givemeaclue Fri 16-Nov-12 14:12:29

Do not feel guilty. Enjoy your baby and don't give it another thought.

BumpingFuglies Fri 16-Nov-12 14:35:19

No need to feel guilty. There's so much pressure on mothers to bf, I find it really annoying. I know what you mean though smile

Shagmundfreud Fri 16-Nov-12 16:23:45

If you don't think breastfeeding is benefiting either of you then don't do it.

The vast majority of UK mums have given up breastfeeding by the time their baby is 6 weeks old, so you aren't doing anything unusual.

Pootles2010 Fri 16-Nov-12 16:28:40

Your fourth baby and you've not stopped worrying about daft things yet? grin Honestly, stop worrying and enjoy it! I don't think the bond is there because of bfing - i bf my ds and didn't feel like i loved him till 6 months.

You only feel guilty because you think you should - your ds will be as happy as a clam, I'm sure.

Cortana Fri 16-Nov-12 16:50:02

Never feel guilty about how you feed your baby, long as he is fed <gavel>

Congratulations though, hope you're enjoying him guilt free!

maddening Fri 16-Nov-12 18:23:58

Why should you feel guilty - I say enjoy your beautiful baby smile

MyGoldenNotebook Fri 16-Nov-12 18:54:14

Hooray to enjoying beautiful babies! You're very sensible to not feel guilty x x

Mrsjay Fri 16-Nov-12 19:05:15

you shouldnt feel guilty at all stop if it isnt working , just being nosey but what was so different about your child that you fed for ages (not a judgement just right nosy )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now