Talk

Advanced search

AIBU.... To be annoyed At this?

(7 Posts)
piglettsmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 20:19:51

Dd had a lot of medical problems, talking I a friend and she asked how she was so I explained our current issues to which se replied "I'd be grateful for a normal conversation once in a while instead of 'dd' health" to which I took that as she was fed up of me talking about her health I told her well u asked and she said ano I bet ur fed up f talking about it and wud rather have a normal convo with people? I am a but miffed because although she explained herself, I felt like she was implying she was fed up f hearing ways happening medically? Aibu?

EnjoyResponsibly Thu 15-Nov-12 20:21:20

Nope, she was.

catgirl1976 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:22:15

YANBU

She is

piglettsmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 20:23:18

She's just contradicted herself again and said I'm sorry u realised I moaned I prefer normal questions! After I'd explained I any stike. Convo up anymore about anything but dd's issues because it practically rules my life! sad that's another 'support' I've lost x

Everlong Thu 15-Nov-12 20:23:43

Weird.

Talk to us if you like smile

OpheliaPayneAgain Thu 15-Nov-12 20:26:41

Bit of both?

Courtesy dictates you enquire how people are. Courtesy also dictates you give cursory answers and don;t go into chapter and verse unless pressed.

Eg:
Q: how are you all?
A: Doing good, X has had her medication changed/going into hospital for another operation

Not everyone one wants the whole caboodle of medical terms. Also as a good friend, I would assume she would think you would welcome respite from perpetually churning out the same in depth story about family life/illness and take the opportunity to leave that behind for a while and become yourself again, with wider interests

piglettsmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 20:47:09

I see where u come from but I didn't give chapter and verse she asked how I was so I told her asked her back the she said goes 'dd' doing ? So I explained I'd had a bad night with her oxygen had I I through the vent that's it! There's a minority that have seen my struggle with this, I've been the lowest of the low even SS got involved those that know how bad I've been listen despite me rabbiting on, although they do ask first. She's said it at a time
When I am feeling so low again, I suppose she doesn't no that though :/ but again I still feel very hurt sad conversation has fizzled out now. Many people did this to me on fb so I deleted them, now they keep trying to contact me, I can't win sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now