Talk

Advanced search

To be a lil annoyed that friend didnt warn me...

(14 Posts)
Sam419 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:46:14

That she and her DD have a terrible stinking cold before i went round...

Im 37 weeks pregnant and have managed to only catch a couple of colds but i have asthma so I get it really bad on my chest and ended up with the dr comin out last time.

I know i cant hide away whenever anyone has a cough or cold but AIBU to think that she could have warned me so i could choose to stay away?

BadgersBottom Thu 15-Nov-12 19:47:55

YAB a bit U - because by the time the cold is out she's past the contagious stage. Also - YABU to use the word 'lil'.

buggerama Thu 15-Nov-12 20:03:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pandemoniaa Thu 15-Nov-12 20:04:52

YABU for "lil" and "comin".

But entirely reasonable in not wanting to catch a cold and yes, your friend should have had the courtesy to warn you before visiting.

ilovesooty Thu 15-Nov-12 20:05:02

She should have warned you, yes.

But "lil"?

buggerama Thu 15-Nov-12 20:06:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fakebook Thu 15-Nov-12 20:08:03

YABU. A cold isn't flu.

Kaida Thu 15-Nov-12 20:08:07

Not sure about that BadgersBottom? As I understand it, the cold viruses are spread through sneezing, coughing, etc. I think OP as long as your friend didn't breathe/cough/sneeze on you or share cups etc, you should hopefully be fine.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:08:38

She can say 'lil' if she wants.

FFS.

YANBU

AnaisB Thu 15-Nov-12 20:11:15

YANBU, although colds are kind of ubiquitous at the moment.

Badgers colds are contagious for about the first week of symptoms.

Geranium3 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:13:02

i would have mentioned if we had bad colds but my pet hate is when half way through a play date the child or mum gaily announces that the entire family have the squits or vomitting the day before, grrrrrrh!!!

OlderNotWiser Thu 15-Nov-12 20:14:34

YANBU. Definitely not. I always tell friends if I have cold and we have plans to meet. It's common courtesy to give them the option of saying 'no thanks', especially if there are reasons for wanting to avoid a cold such as pregnancy or asthma.

MammaTJ Thu 15-Nov-12 20:14:53

I have learnt from my three pregnancies that made it that far.................never tell a woman 37 weeks pregnant they are being unreasonable!!

YANBU!! if just a teeny bit precious grin

Sam419 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:51:15

Thank you for replies...i agree IAU for using the term 'lil' although 'comin' was a typo! blush

I am glad IANBU, i just thought she would have thought about warning me especially when she knew how badly a cold knocked me down last time...oh well we shall see how i am in about a week i suppose!

Thanks MammaTJ, i wish my DH thought like this! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now