Talk

Advanced search

To be a lil annoyed that friend didnt warn me...

(6 Posts)
Sam419 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:46:13

That she and her DD have a terrible stinking cold before i went round...

Im 37 weeks pregnant and have managed to only catch a couple of colds but i have asthma so I get it really bad on my chest and ended up with the dr comin out last time.

I know i cant hide away whenever anyone has a cough or cold but AIBU to think that she could have warned me so i could choose to stay away?

catwomanlikesmeatballs Thu 15-Nov-12 20:02:22

Of course she was being unreasonable, you should let her know how pissed off you are. Those without consideration are the way they are because nobody ever tells them how thoughtless they are being.

CassCade Thu 15-Nov-12 22:13:04

Eat some garlic quick! Crush fresh garlic and mix with softened butter, spread on some toast. It's much stronger than bought garlic bread but is much better for you. (Anti-bacterial and anti-viral.) Lavender oil (5 drops) in a bath is also a-b and a-v, both are safe for pregnancy.

Extremely selfish friend!

Jinsei Thu 15-Nov-12 22:21:23

YANBU - I always warn friends if I'm ill, regardless of whether they're pregnant or not. Even if I feel well enough to meet, it's for them to decide if they want to share my germs!

AitchDee Thu 15-Nov-12 22:24:01

I'd be furious.

I very, very rarely get proper colds. Maybe once every five years, but I certainly wouldn't want one when I could give birth at any second.

SparkleSoiree Thu 15-Nov-12 22:26:38

If there is illness in our house I always warn guests before they visit so they can reschedule if they prefer to. My friends and family do the same for us. It's common courtesy if nothing else.

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now