Talk

Advanced search

to be completely chuffed my Tesco shop for the week

(18 Posts)
mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 20:49:16

Was £31.63?!

Including most of my 6m olds Christmas presents?

Ok so I had £20 of vouchers for toys which I got his toys with. And another fiver off voucher but I had to buy baby milk and dishwasher tablets.

And I have mince and pork in the freezer but that's our meals for the week sorted!

SoleSource Wed 14-Nov-12 20:51:04

Ooh are there some good ofers this weej? Did you buy lamb?

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 20:54:22

No I didn't buy lamb!

No offers (well there was but I didn't buy them!) other than pilgrims cheese at £2.50.

Value a gogo!

I've barely set foot in Tesco all year, been all about Aldi and spend £50 a week excluding baby milk but the value stuff in Tesco seems to have had a bit of a revamp of late.

Is it bad that now it's not all blue and white stripes I don't feel as cheap buying it?

TENDTOprocrastinate Wed 14-Nov-12 20:54:43

I'm quite happy with tesco at the mo. the doubling up the voucher thingy has meant I've got £300 to spend on Xmas pressies- nice one! That handy £5 off voucher this week and 3bottles of my fav wine for £12- smile plus a 3 for 2 cheese avent. And!!! Half price finest pâté. (Not great for my bulging post baby Tum though!!!)

SoleSource Wed 14-Nov-12 20:56:11

No that isn't bad. I will take a look. I also stopped shoping at Tesco as a lovely new Sainsbury's was built near to us.

Value a go go lol

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 20:58:03

Yeah last year I had about £60 worth of vouchers to double up, this year I had ten!

Hattie11 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:08:05

I so agree that without the blue and white stripes its more 'acceptable' (in my head, to by the value stuff!!

I'm proud of my 16p tomato ketchup, 39p pasta sauce oh and 16p lasagne sheets.

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 21:16:18

Yup 39p pasta! And the cereal, 31p cornflakes that actually resemble cornflakes and come in a box!

DameEnidsOrange Wed 14-Nov-12 21:53:47

If you're gonna boast about it, then you really have a duty to share what you bought so we can all copy grin

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 22:04:57

Chicken legs
Coleslaw
Potatoes
Broccoli
Cheese
Carrots
Onion
Tinned sweetcorn
Milk
Wipes
Formula
Dishwasher tablets
Cornflakes
Coco pops
Rice crispies
Basmati rice
Toilet cleaner
Cloths
Bananas
Apples
Grapes
Bacon
Pasta
Pepper
Salt
Pancakes
Bread
Tins of creamed rice
Garlic soft cheese
Crackers
Frozen fried chicken stuff
Crisps
2 packs of chocolate digestive
Diluting juice
Wafer biscuits
Breadsticks
Sweet potato
Parsnip
Sausage rolls

Meals are

Shepherds pie (mince already bought)
Pork roast
Macaroni cheese
Chicken legs, wedges and corn on bob
KFC@home (chicken, beans, coleslaw)
Homemade burgers (will need to buy buns on the day)
Potato soup and bread (will make)

Lunches will be things like sausage rolls, sandwiches, soup.

Meals will have veg and salad (which I'll need to pick up more of during week)

We're totally trying to get out our takeaway habit so we're factoring in one at home every week!

Not our most exotic week but it's a tight one!

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 22:07:01

Oh and the toys were a play table thing, stacking cups and a tambourine type thing all for £20.18 with £20 off.

NoisyDay Wed 14-Nov-12 22:24:01

No way!i am stunned and jealous, that's what I normally buy and I it
Always costs about £100!!

mrskeithrichards Wed 14-Nov-12 22:26:36

I think the fact I left kids and husband at home!

Usually I shop during the day with the baby and I've always got one eye and have my brain on him.

DameEnidsOrange Wed 14-Nov-12 22:53:03

thanks MrsKR - excellent inspiration, very impressed at your thriftiness

SoleSource Wed 14-Nov-12 23:21:14

I went to

www.tesco.couk

and in tbe search bar typed - Tesco value and 29 pages on the mobile site showed up.

Some products I was a bit queasy about but would try them.

29p for 80 teabags, 30p brown sauce etc

StateofConfusion Thu 15-Nov-12 00:55:26

My dp is an epic food and drink snob but he loves the new tesco cheapo tea bags, we've even had visitors ask what they are as they like them!

apostropheuse Thu 15-Nov-12 01:05:57

I've had some great bargains delivered from Tesco today. Half price pork with apple stuffing, half price chicken with cheese filling wrapped in ham, half price pizza - can't remember it all. I even got half price after eights for Christmas. I also had a £6 voucher to use. I was a happy chappy.

I had a value range cheese and onion quiche the other day and it was lovely.

mrskeithrichards Thu 15-Nov-12 07:32:10

It's worth giving some a go. My house will not compromise on beans, ketchup and brown sauce. Or cheese really but you can usually get good deals.

Other than that value is worth a go.

The dishwasher tablets are £1.67 for 30 which is so much cheaper than anything else and just as good in my experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now