Talk

Advanced search

To expect my step-mum to have been a little more subtle...

(15 Posts)
12ylnon Wed 14-Nov-12 11:42:02

DP and i were supposed to be going to a gig last night, with my parents and some of their friends, two of my favorite bands playing together. It had been planned for ages, childcare arranged, really excited. It was mine and DP's christmas present to each other as we can't afford much this year, it was supposed to be a real treat, as we haven't been out 'child-free' in a while.

Anyway, yesterday DP came down with a sickness bug and my eczema got so bad i couldn't really move my fingers or face without breaking. Huuuugely disappointed, but, these things happen.

Anyway, today i have a quick look on FB before starting work to see my step mum has put an absolute rave review of the show. Not just 'what a great night out', but i mean reeeeally going into how amazing it all was.

I'm pg, so i could be being slightly hormonal, but was this a bit of an insensitive thing to do? I'm quite upset about missing out (probably that bit is hormones, but i was really looking forward to it!) and this has just made it worse.

Justforlaughs Wed 14-Nov-12 11:44:12

If she posted it on YOUR wall then she would have been insensitive but if it's on HER wall then I don;t see why you would be upset about it. It's unfortunate but she obviously had a great time.

Convict224 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:46:37

YABU> Why should your disappointment mar her appreciation of a good gig?

WilsonFrickett Wed 14-Nov-12 11:48:30

The update isn't for you, it's for all her fb friends to show off what a great night she had. Meh. Ignore it. YABU.

onetiredmummy Wed 14-Nov-12 11:50:10

Sorry OP, you're over reacting. Why should she not write whatever the hell she likes on her wall?

Hopeforever Wed 14-Nov-12 11:51:12

YABU but I hope you are both feeling better soon

PeazlyPops Wed 14-Nov-12 11:57:31

YABU

EuroShagmore Wed 14-Nov-12 13:15:08

YABU. It's a shame you couldn't go, but not her fault!

sue52 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:30:09

Did you want her to have a bad time so you wouldn't feel that you lost out? A bit petty of you imo.

waltermittymissus Wed 14-Nov-12 14:36:25

I think this is one of those threads where OP will be realising how U she is!

You're pregnant though, so it's ok! wink

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 14-Nov-12 14:37:57

Yabu. She didn't make the post solely for your benefit. Surely you are pleased they had a good time?

Fakebook Wed 14-Nov-12 14:41:24

Unless she's an evil step mother and took your step sisters to the ball too, YABU.

CheeseandPickledOnion Wed 14-Nov-12 14:42:30

YABU

Herrena Wed 14-Nov-12 14:48:09

It might have been slightly emotionally unintelligent of her, but only slightly. On the whole, I'm sorry to say that I think YABU. I say sorry because I can understand your frustration, but still - YABU smile

Also, did your stepmum know just how much you were looking forward to it? It's a bit OTT to get upset at her if she didn't realise.

12ylnon Wed 14-Nov-12 17:10:13

I'm very prepared to admit that i might be being unreasonable... or a lot, you know, whatever... smile what can i say, i'm pregnant, i have hideous eczema and i slept on the floor last night as i wasn't nuts about sleeping in with my sweaty, feverish DP.
sue of course i wanted them to have a good time! I'm really pleased it was good. But i wasn't quite expecting the over the top 'ohhh my god, best gig in the whole world ever, i wish i could put a video up, but you'll all just have to take my word for it' kind of reaction.
CLEARLY i need an early night tonight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now