Talk

Advanced search

Hate it when people announce that they are having a 'cull' on Facebook

(55 Posts)
pigletmania Wed 14-Nov-12 10:30:32

Sounds totally self obsessed, like they want you to beg for their friendship. If your going to do it, do it quietly fgs!

valiumredhead Wed 14-Nov-12 10:31:18

I just hide people who announce that!

catgirl1976 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:32:43

I got one last night saying I had "made the list" of people they were keeping

Lucky me hmm

Purple2012 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:33:51

I got fed up of people doing that. I recently had a cull, i didnt announce it though. i culled over 200 people and have just kept family and my actual friends.

The ones that announce it never seem to actually do it!

Dead69Girl Wed 14-Nov-12 10:34:33

i delete people who post that, normaly i get a message asking why i deleted them lol smile

GilbGeekette Wed 14-Nov-12 10:35:05

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Even more so when, as you say, the (c)overt implication is you should be jumping up and down with your hand in the air squealing "ohhh, me, pick me, pick me, pleeeeeease!!" YABNU, obviously grin

freddiefrog Wed 14-Nov-12 10:35:15

A school-acquaintance FB friend of mine announced a cull a few weeks ago.

She wrote '.... Is having a friend cull. See you later if you make it through'

Then later wrote 'if you can see this status, hellooooo, you made it through the cull'.

I unfriended her for twattery

pigletmania Wed 14-Nov-12 10:36:01

My friend did that, and I told him on that status just to do it quietly and not make a big song and dance about it. I wasn't culled wink. I do know him very well he's a bit of a drama queen

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Wed 14-Nov-12 10:36:05

YANBU fgs if you want to get rid of some people just do it, don't have to make a big old show of it!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:36:13

I especially hate it when people cull you and then you see them on your friends statuses saying how great they feel after a great cull they just had.

Like, thanks.

ClutchingPearls Wed 14-Nov-12 10:36:31

I normally post "Pick me, pick me, oh wait don't bother I'll delete you myself, save you the bother"

Anniegetyourgun Wed 14-Nov-12 10:37:31

How often have I told you? Facebook is evil.

pigletmania Wed 14-Nov-12 10:38:26

What knobs fanjo. That's great clutching of pearls, they are just attention seekers. When I pointed it out to my friend he removed his status

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:39:12

It's even worse when one of your colleagues unfriends you and noone else and then constantly talks to them about her Facebook statuses..I am a Facebook pariah , clearly!! grin

WorraLiberty Wed 14-Nov-12 10:40:04

YANBU!

Or the "Click like on this status if you want to stay on my friend list" hmm

If only they had a 'Go fuck yourself' button.

pigletmania Wed 14-Nov-12 10:40:52

Exactly worra there needs to be one

Anniegetyourgun Wed 14-Nov-12 10:41:45

It's quite like sending a letter round to all the people you've decided not to send a Christmas card to this year. Why not just, you know, not send one, rather than rubbing it in.

Some users of social media seem to forget it's actual people they're typing at. With, like, you know, feelings and such.

DoIgetastickerforthat Wed 14-Nov-12 10:42:09

It's pathetic isn't it and totally power crazed. I always imagine them goose stepping round their livingroom screaming "vich von of you filthy peeeegs vill I shoot first, ya is you DoIgeta!! DIE, DIE, DIE" whilst they hope that their 'friends' beg them for mercy.

Get. A. Grip.

snickers251 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:42:39

I just love the ones who say I'm leaving Facebook send me numbers then two days later post pictures of their lunch!

Attention seeking twattery!!

goralka Wed 14-Nov-12 10:42:46

facebook is shit and sad

Steala Wed 14-Nov-12 10:47:07

I have been culled only to receive a friend request from the same person a few months later. More fool me, I accepted with delight! Perhaps I have self-esteem issues...

Sallyingforth Wed 14-Nov-12 10:50:46

Nobody has friended me on facebook smile

No prizes for guessing why.

trixie123 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:51:53

I don't agree that its "shit and sad" - as with everything it depends how you use it. I am in touch with a number of people in a general way that I may not get to see or speak to directly and I am very grateful for it. There are times when I have had slight issues for istance when I have defriended a brief acquaintance when all I ever saw were her utterly banal "having a cup of tea" type posts and I got an arsey email from her about it, but I agree with the OP that the cull announcement type things are unnecessary and attention seeking.

WorraLiberty Wed 14-Nov-12 10:53:46

Facebook isn't shit or sad imo

Some of the people who use it on the other hand...

goralka Wed 14-Nov-12 10:55:29

yes but Trixie people that you don't see or talk to and brief acquaintances are not 'friends' are they?
IMO fb is evil and a waste of time unless it's for business.
Good grief people have committed suicide and murder over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now