Talk

Advanced search

Argos 3 for 2 on all toys.

(18 Posts)
ClutchingPearls Wed 14-Nov-12 10:28:33

I reserved online, late last night, some toys. With all the 3 for 2 banners up, checked to see when it ended couldn't find it anywhere. Tried to see if a scooter was a toy, no real info anywhere.

Went to collect this morning to be first told that the offer ended yesterday and when I saw the promo online and reserved there was no way I could have recieved the offer because the shops were shut so she would get the manager to honor it.

The manager then comes over and says no she can't honor it as its finished.

AIBU to expect when I reserve something and try to collect as soon as possible, I should recieve it with the offer I saw?

Justforlaughs Wed 14-Nov-12 10:35:05

YANBU to expect that this would be the case but unforunately it's very difficult to force them to honour their offer. (I did manage it once in Tesco over an offer that had expired, so I walked off without my trolley full of shopping that had all been scanned through the till grin)

Purple2012 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:36:20

When i reserved on line it showed it finished on the 13th,but it didnt show up as 3 for 2 when i did the reservation - it did in store though.

VirginiaDare Wed 14-Nov-12 11:21:08

YABU. You pay the price it costs when you pay, not when you reserve. It does tell you that on the site.

The offer will have gone off the tills automatically.

MsBrown Wed 14-Nov-12 11:23:33

What annoyed me is that online exclusives were included in this offer. Why? There were a load of things i wanted to buy, but clicking on them revealed they were only available online, yet they still showed they were part of 3 for 2!

wonderingsoul Wed 14-Nov-12 11:24:49

see iv questioned this before with staff instore. as long i reseved with that deal i would get it at that deal even though it ended the next day.

i think youv just got a shitty manager when you went in tbh.

Prarieflower Wed 14-Nov-12 11:32:29

I think it's a big con.Everything I wanted was either online only so not part of the offer or not in stock in my stores.Kind of suspecting they will be restocking this week and online items will also be available in store.

Will simply order everything from Amazon in future,don't like being mucked around to be frank.

Kicking myself now as just about the only thing that was in offer I didn't get as wasn't sure only for ds this morning to proclaim it is the only thing he's hoping for.Could have got it bloody free if he'd let me know yesterday!!!!!!!!!

ClutchingPearls Wed 14-Nov-12 11:37:57

I looked for an end date, when reserving on my phone and nothing came up, it only said promotions would be calculated in store.

Just rang the customer helpline was rudely spoken to even before I tried to explain why I was complaining. I was expecting an 'oh yes sorry, I can see it would be confusing but we are running it again on X date or we have a similar offer soon etc' But all I got was rudeness. So on that basis alone I don't think I'll both using Argos again.

ClutchingPearls Wed 14-Nov-12 11:41:37

I've noticed that before, day before the offer they have 5 instore, the day the offer starts they have suddenly all disappeared only to return the day after the offer ends.

gazzalw Wed 14-Nov-12 11:45:14

Well I think it is a big con. DW spent hours finding three things she wanted to get as pressies, went in to find one had to be ordered in (and wouldn't arrive until Friday) and one was an online order only - she asked if she could order both and pay up front to ensure she could take advantage of the three for two offer - but this wasn't permissable according to the shop assistant.

Then did further research came up with a short list of three items but one was then out of stock (yesterday - so wouldn't have been available to buy within the timeframe of the promo). In the end she chose a two for £30 offer and a game - but they didn't just charge her the cost of the two for £30 they individualised the items for costing so she effectively was only £10 better off rather than £20!

She only realised this when she came home - is that actually legal? She's wondering whether to complain or not....

Don't think she'll be doing it again though, because it was a helluva palaver, took about four hours of decision-making, two journeys and she's not sure she hasn't been conned...

Prarieflower Wed 14-Nov-12 11:56:56

And gazz I bet if she looks on Amazon the cheaper prices will make the whole palaver seem pointless.

gonerogue Wed 14-Nov-12 11:59:49

Gazzaiw your wife wasn't conned, but the staff should have pointed out that you can't get two offers together. I.e you can get 2 for £20 or 3 for 2 but not both together iyswim.

gazzalw Wed 14-Nov-12 12:03:29

Thanks she suspected as much but hadn't got round to inspecting the small print and you are probably right: that with that caveat she could have got them cheaper from Amazon...AARGH!

Purple2012 Wed 14-Nov-12 12:26:17

I had no problem reserving my 3 things on line and then getting them for the 3 for 2 offer when I went into the shop.

OvO Wed 14-Nov-12 12:50:41

The finish date was on the front page on the bit what said 3 for 2. Was small writing but very clear.

Though I was on the site after midnight last night so technically today and it still had all the ads for 3 for 2 when they should have been taken off the site. So can see how it was confusing.

AmberLeaf Wed 14-Nov-12 12:59:52

IME it is always clear when the offers end ie if you read the details you will find it.

Youcanringmybell Wed 14-Nov-12 13:31:35

Everythng I wanted was only bloody available to collect in sotre - I was ordering online because I cannot go to the store!! Infuriating.

CrapBag Wed 14-Nov-12 13:33:01

YABU. I knew it ended yesterday, it wasn't difficult to find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now