Talk

Advanced search

To expect hand soap?

(11 Posts)
Primafacie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:14:49

I just checked into a hotel room. It's a well known international 4 star business hotel chain, this particular hotel is in the UK. The room is fine, there is shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, but no hand soap. Am I old fashioned, or is it still the case that people wash their hands after using the toilet? Just a mini soap bar would be fine. The only "soap" in the room is body wash, which I have now used as hand soap, but it's not really right, is it?

Caerlaverock Tue 13-Nov-12 22:16:14

Have you phoned reception?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 13-Nov-12 22:17:06

YANBU.

Personally I would ask housekeeping to bring me some!

YDdraigGoch Tue 13-Nov-12 22:17:15

Perhaps the maid forgot it when she cleaned this morning. I'm sure they will bring you some if you call down to reception.

EllenParsons Tue 13-Nov-12 22:21:11

Are you in the Hilton? I noticed the same problem in one of their hotels recently too. I had a solid bar of soap which was actually face soap, or liquid body wash. I just used either of these as hand soap as i was only there 1 night, but I also thought it was poor!

noblegiraffe Tue 13-Nov-12 22:22:25

Probably someone nicked it.

Primafacie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:36:37

Ellen, yes! There isn't even face soap, just the body wash. I CBA calling housekeeping as will be going to bed soon, and checking out before breakfast tomorrow - but I still think it's slightly annoying. Thanks everyone

ToothGah Tue 13-Nov-12 23:10:04

Annoying. Even more annoying though is no handsoap or hot water in the disabled loo at work for over two weeks. I've had to ask five times. angry

Whatdoiknowanyway Tue 13-Nov-12 23:33:34

I used to work for a soap manufacturer and they sold dispensers with hand sop brands in the for use in hotel rooms. I'd guess that's what you're dealing with. I didn't like the as you had to squeeze the dispenser on the wall which meant that lots of germs transferred from hand to dispenser - far more than a pump action ottle or the sort of dispenser where you just press a lever.

LisaMed Wed 14-Nov-12 07:53:47

Try reading this

But I always literally laugh out loud at it, so please be aware that it can be a bit disruptive in an office environment.

EIizaDay Wed 14-Nov-12 08:00:07

I think by the time you wrote this on MN you should have phoned housekeeping and asked them to send some up. They obviously forgot to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now