Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if you have every read a aibu that you think is about you?

(18 Posts)
captainBeaky Tue 13-Nov-12 17:08:04

I sometimes wonder if the title could apply to me. Especially the school ones.

I'm not sure if I would be mortified or amused.

AIBU?

CharlieCoCo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:12:32

Well this one is about you, so are you motified or amused?

grin

MardyBra Tue 13-Nov-12 17:13:31

Nah. I'm always reasonable the rest of 'em are cunts

captainBeaky Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:35

a bit mortified that it is being ignored (except for you Charlie)

More mortified that while stirring the tea I hadn't checked my post and there are loads of errors!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 13-Nov-12 17:34:20

I feel like no-one I know uses mumsnet but I'm probably deluded grin

I must admit to looking sometimes with that in mind. Particularly if I've had a stand-off with someone in the day wink

valiumredhead Tue 13-Nov-12 17:35:52

Oh God yeah, all the time but I don't care grin

mrsscoob Tue 13-Nov-12 17:36:58

No but I sometimes want to post things and don't incase the person I am talking about is a mumsnetter!

captainBeaky Tue 13-Nov-12 17:40:36

Glad I'm not alone! I don't think it ever has been, but who knows..!

OHforDUCKScake Tue 13-Nov-12 17:41:08

Yes twice in the last two days. shock

Jingleflobba Tue 13-Nov-12 17:42:40

I 've had a few incidents where I checked AIBU later on in the day to see if someone had posted about the dreadful family in the park/on the bus etc when one of my little darlings has had a moment.. Got lucky so far though!

autumnlights12 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:43:30

I've posted once or twice about very specific school issues which would totally out me if anyone who knew me was here. But I was so seething, so furious, I didn't care if it outed me!

RedGreenRouge Tue 13-Nov-12 17:44:53

I never actually think it is about me because I don't think any of my friends would be on here. But so many could apply to me. blush

BattlingFanjos Tue 13-Nov-12 17:50:04

I know my sisters' on here (looks around) and do get the slightest twinge of paranoia at every thread every now and again lol! She knows my alias, gonna sit and wait for the text to say she's seen this now and thought the exact same! Ha!

3b1g Tue 13-Nov-12 17:52:45

Ooh, are you DiscoMum? If so, then please can my DS2 come to your daughter's birthday party? I can stay with him if you or she are worried about him saying or doing something weird or silly.

BattlingFanjos Tue 13-Nov-12 17:53:04

D'oh! Sister is....grrrrr

PoppyWearer Tue 13-Nov-12 17:55:26

Like Jingleflobba Ihave come looking for threads about things that have happened to me, but nothing so far.

shockers Tue 13-Nov-12 17:56:17

I saw one once that was bemoaning a situation identical to one that has occurred recently between me and another person. I couldn't help but wonder....

She was BU, but I hid the thread grin.

Egusta Tue 13-Nov-12 17:59:18

I also sometimes look to see if some crap that happened to me will be in an AIBU. Today for example, I came on to think someone will have started an 'AIBU to think you should not give your toddler the car keys to keep him occupied then shut the door, because they will only lock themselves in?'.

'cause i felt some seriously judgy pants going on when that happened to me today.

In my defence, the car door shut because the car was on a slope and i bent down to get my shopping.

And thankfully some people were very nice, including the lovely lady who stood and made faces at DS while i went to call the AA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now