Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This annoyed me so, so, so much, AIBU??

(38 Posts)
TomsBentPinky Mon 12-Nov-12 17:51:35

I called Vodafone as they have been sending me picture messages of half naked blokes for over 6 months!! I never signed up for them and I get one EVERYDAY and text 'stop' and 'stop all' to them daily.

I took my phone to the vodafone shop and they said they can't see my suscribing for them, they said I wasn't being charged for them and she also txt 'stop' to the number (its a vodafone number) but they never stopped, this was MONTHS ago.

So today I wanted to upgrade my phone so I went online and see I've been charged £1 a week for these bloody things since March!!

I rang up to complain, explaining I never signed up for them, that I constantly txt 'stop' to them, that I was told I wasn't being charged for them, etc ...

So the guy was having NONE of it, I continued and he finally agreed to refund last months charges, so just £4

He said that ALL he could do, I asked him to take it to a manager, he eventually raised it to £10.

I was trying to stand my ground but was getting nowhere, I was about to just accept the £10 when DH said 'pass me the phone'

DH took the phone and said 'this is not acceptable, we did not sign up for them and we have been trying to stop them for months, even the woman at your own shop couldn't '

EXACTLY THE SAME THING I SAID, IN THE SAME TONE...

And within about 60 seconds of DH being on the phone I was offered a full refund.

AIBU in thinking thats bullshit, that I have to 'put my husband on the phone' to get anywhere!?!

MamaMumra Mon 12-Nov-12 17:57:57

YANBU!

Groovee Mon 12-Nov-12 17:59:06

That's shocking

JazzAnnNonMouse Mon 12-Nov-12 18:03:39

Yanbu - Vodafone Are fuckers.

ledkr Mon 12-Nov-12 18:04:07

Bastards yes I have experirnced similar with a fault on our car which should have been covered by warranty. I did ring the guy back though and pointed out that he wasn't so nice to me and asked if it was anything to do with my vagina? My reward was his absolute speechlessness

MrsHelsBels74 Mon 12-Nov-12 18:04:36

That is appalling.

Fakebook Mon 12-Nov-12 18:06:42

Maybe they didn't believe you incase your husband had activated the pics? When he spoke to them, they had no reason to believe this and so refunded the money?

TomsBentPinky Mon 12-Nov-12 18:09:07

My husband had activated pics of naked blokes?? grin

I never subscribed, they addmited this, theres no record of us ever requesting these pics but they still come!

Even after the bloke 'fixed it' today I got another about an hour ago!! angry

Frontpaw Mon 12-Nov-12 18:09:24

Tossers. However I am sulking a bit that no one have ever sent me half naked photos of men.

TomsBentPinky Mon 12-Nov-12 18:10:52

They don't even open front, they are just the little download gif thing. I never opened them as i thought i might get charged if i did, but i was getting charged anyways!

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Mon 12-Nov-12 18:11:19

Yanbu, however in our house its the other way around, I regularly handle DPs complaints with better resolution!

Fakebook Mon 12-Nov-12 18:12:30

Well, you never know do you?!

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Mon 12-Nov-12 18:13:21

YANBU

It happens to me as well and it drives me crazy

When one of my sons was younger he had a terrible problem with night time coughing, I took him to the doctors over and over and over again and they kept fobbing me off, so my DH took him and suddenly he got referrals and meds and a diagnosis of asthma and all the help we could want. I was glad it got sorted but god was I pissed off that it took doing that to get some help for my sick child

TomsBentPinky Mon 12-Nov-12 18:13:53

Yes, I do grin

They've never been looked at, you have to download them, why would either of us sign up for photos we nevr look at and pay £4 for the annoyance of getting a message from 'Daily Hunk' everyday?

BooyhooRemembering Mon 12-Nov-12 18:15:44

i'd email them regarding their sexist refund policy.

GoEasyPudding Mon 12-Nov-12 18:18:57

It could just be a two against one situation. The call centre worker realised there was someone else to argue with and so he caved in.

or...

your DH sounds like Liam Neeson, all threatening and scary. " I will track you down..."

stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 18:20:35

YANBU, DH gets a much better result from complaints than I do!

SoupDragon Mon 12-Nov-12 18:22:38

Maybe if you had stood your ground more forcibly you would also have got a refund. It sounds like you were coming across as being ready to accept the part refund.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 12-Nov-12 18:23:42

i have found this in many situations - you raise a really interesting point on sexism.

at work a few months ago i arrested someone who had hit his partner. i presented this person to custody.
the sgt behind the desk questioned and belittled everything i said until my male co worker stepped in and said the almost identical words that i had said

and the fucker never questioned him once - just accepted everything and shut up.

it, as the saying on here goes, boils my piss.

BooyhooRemembering Mon 12-Nov-12 18:30:44

OP whose name is the contract for the phone in?

JazzyTheSnowman Mon 12-Nov-12 19:21:05

I get this all the fucking time. It seriously pisses me off. I will be AT MY TILL in work, and people will go AROUND THE CORNER to a (normally) male member of staff and ask them to fetch them the very same fucking cigarettes I am standing next to! I'm then only acknowledged with a bemused look of "Oh, didn't see you there!".

Boils my piss. I'm consistently overlooked simply because I have tits. It's fucking ridiculous.

Another pissboiler of mine is Starbucks. Without fail, they will direct everything towards my partner. At one point MY card from MY purse was in THEIR card machine and they asked MY OTHER HALF if he wanted CASHBACK! I pulled him up on it and he said that my DP seems the one in charge.

If they knew us, it would be the furthest thing from the truth - he's the laidback one! angry

Tabliope Mon 12-Nov-12 19:25:59

I get this too as a 5 foot 2 woman. I've clearly no gravitas. I get shoddy service, the worst hotel rooms or tables in restaurant etc. I am constantly having to complain. I swear if I was a man I'd be treated better. I get what I want in the end but the battle in convincing people and complaining is exhausting. Pisses me right off.

JazzyTheSnowman Mon 12-Nov-12 19:28:04

Tabliope - I'm only 5ft 3" so I feel your pain. I feel it necessary to complain bitterly about everything. Sometimes I feel like a right moo, but it isn't MY problem, it's THEIRS for being such arses in the first place.

ReindeerBollocks Mon 12-Nov-12 19:28:57

See I complain and use tricks taught by a tutor of mine. Be assertive but not aggressive and if your request is reasonable they should listen.

It would irritate me immensely if they listened to DH when their own staff couldn't rectify the matter!

TomsBentPinky Mon 12-Nov-12 19:31:15

In my name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now