Talk

Advanced search

Is this fair wear and tear?

(15 Posts)
Evilwater Mon 12-Nov-12 14:45:47

Well what a morning!
All was going well till around 12.
I took my Brand NEW car (now 7 months) to be looked at as the fan was coming on when it didn't need to be. It turns out there is a stone IN the air con compresser, which is located at the FRONT of the car.

It's going to cost £800 to fixshock. Apparently it's not covered by the warranty. However I think they are wrong, in fact I've not driven it for the past month as I've been busy with my new born. I've only done 5000 miles too.

Should I go and yell at them???
Evil

SpottyTeacakes Mon 12-Nov-12 14:48:53

Ouch! It's not a manufacturing fault though is it? I don't think you would get anywhere with them but would definitely be cheaper at a local garage

Evilwater Mon 12-Nov-12 14:57:33

Looking at the paperwork I've found, it says it exuldes all fair wear and tear.
Evil

mrskeithrichards Mon 12-Nov-12 15:00:23

It's just one of these things I'm afraid. Do not pay dealership prices though, go elsewhere.

Or will that invalidate your warranty? To be fair I think they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

SpottyTeacakes Mon 12-Nov-12 15:02:43

I would definitely see if you can find a cheaper garage the dealers charge ridiculous money just for labour. I feel your pain though, a month ago someone drove into us and wrote off our car (disputing liability) then Saturday a suicidal deer ran into our new car causing hundreds of pounds of damage. Cars are nothing but trouble! Congratulations on your newborn smile

Evilwater Mon 12-Nov-12 15:07:04

Can I dispute this is not FAIR wear?
Evil

ENormaSnob Mon 12-Nov-12 15:10:02

What car is it?

SpottyTeacakes Mon 12-Nov-12 15:12:14

I wouldn't have thought so surely it's just one of those annoying things like a stone flicking up and cracking the windscreen. Pita but what can you do?

NewNames Mon 12-Nov-12 15:28:15

It's not wear and tear, it's an accident but I wouldn't think the garage should pick up the bill for it. £800 is ridiculous though. Shop around!

Evilwater Mon 12-Nov-12 15:32:21

It's a skoda. I got it from a main dealer.
Evil

mrskeithrichards Mon 12-Nov-12 15:44:30

Yeah it's like gettin a puncture of a stone chipping your windscreen. Sucks but you just gotta deal with it!

Follyfoot Mon 12-Nov-12 15:48:56

What a pain. Definitely shop around, your warranty wont be invalidated because you use another garage (as long as the parts are genuine or of suitable quality).

WelshMaenad Mon 12-Nov-12 15:48:57

It's taken me a minute to realise that you're signing your name at the end if every post, rather than repeatedly calling the dealership evil.

It's not a warranty issue. Sorry.

socharlotte Mon 12-Nov-12 16:04:47

Does it really matter that the fan comes on when it doesn't need to?

mrskeithrichards Mon 12-Nov-12 16:14:23

grin

I thought op was just calling everything evil too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now