Talk

Advanced search

to think this is a somewhat confusing Christmas scene

(10 Posts)
5Foot5 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:08:18

Just been in our indoor market and noticed they had put up the "festive" display. Not a traditional Nativity but that's fair enough - we will get one of those under the market place Christmas Tree in a week or two. However, I am struggling to understand what was in the mind of whoever put this one together.

There is a Father Christmas - good so far. A couple of reindeer - white but what the hell? Several polar bears and a number of penguins - hmm, quite apart from not living at the same end of the globe wouldn't the polar bears just eat all the others? But then it gets really mad. Round the side there are various other animals including a panda riding a shetland pony and a sheep with a turtle on his back. A turtle!?

Anyone else seen any displays to boggle at?

Filibear Mon 12-Nov-12 13:10:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BupcakesAndCunting Mon 12-Nov-12 13:10:19

It sounds like it's trying to appeal to kids rather than geographical pedants wink grin

FredFredGeorge Mon 12-Nov-12 13:21:46

Filibear they must be very young pandas to fit on a shetland pony so I'm not sure they are lazy.

MinnieBar Mon 12-Nov-12 13:27:54

I once got door stepped by some very well-meaning godbotherers ladies who shoved a leaflet at me, saying 'Wouldn't you like the world to look like this??'

The leaflet depicted a huge, technicolour rainbow with sheep, pandas, tigers and various other wild animals gambolling underneath on the Tellytubbies green hills.

I was feeling polite that day so neglected to point out that for starters there'd be a massacre in a heartbeat, and declined to join their gang.

TotallyEggFlipped Mon 12-Nov-12 13:29:59

It's Christmas at the zoo, obviously. Where else do you get penguins & polar bears together.

5Foot5 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:31:04

they must be very young pandas to fit on a shetland pony

But not of it was really to scale - unless I was just misunderstanding the perspective ("Remember Dougal small or far away)

One of the reindeer towered over everything - including the polar bears - while the sheep was the same size as the pony. Oh and one of the little "bambis" was smaller than the penguins!

LimeLeafLizard Mon 12-Nov-12 13:32:47

Perhaps budgets have been cut and whoever put up the display has been 'recycling' animals from another type of display?! Sounds fun anyway!

Fakebook Mon 12-Nov-12 13:32:58

Maybe all the animals are getting on Noah's arc and taking a trip forward in time to meet baby Jesus? I don't know!

AlwaysHoldingOnToStarbug Mon 12-Nov-12 14:30:27

I really want to see a picture of it, it sounds great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now