Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that an iron

(17 Posts)
shrimponastick Sun 11-Nov-12 13:27:27

Does not make a suitable Christmas gift??

Just put QVC on, Practical Presents is the content of the show.

If I was given a fancy steam generator iron as a gift I would have to do some damage using said iron.

kotinka Sun 11-Nov-12 14:10:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 14:14:05

blush

I had a new slow cooker as an early birthday present from DH. I was really pleased.

I want a steam mop for Christmas.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 11-Nov-12 14:14:27

My 18 year old brother was going to get my mum a toaster for her 40th this year. Luckily I warned him that if he wished to live he should just get her perfume grin

picnicbasketcase Sun 11-Nov-12 14:15:17

I know someone who was given a new ironing board as a gift. Not happy.

SufferingLampreys Sun 11-Nov-12 14:16:33

I actually don't mind. If we don't have the money otherwise and the item would make my life easier then I would ask for it. Not from dh though as that defeats the not being able to afford it thin

PurplePidjin Sun 11-Nov-12 14:17:23

My S and MIL got together and bought me a breadmaker the first year I was with dp.

I'd admired their homemade bread, and like cooking, so they knew I'd like it grin

Bit more frivolous than an iron though hmm

SufferingLampreys Sun 11-Nov-12 14:19:42

Actually just realised I asked mil and am getting from a her a new hand held blender blitzer thing as mine has died. If I didn't get it it would be my life that was harder do not having it (ok not the harder if lives but you know what I mean)

MagiMingeWassailsAgain Sun 11-Nov-12 14:20:17

I would be really happy to get a new iron for Christmas blush

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 11-Nov-12 14:20:44

Um, I'd like a fancy iron blush

We've never been able to afford one whenever we've had to replace so as far as essentials go a fancy one just doesn't fall under that category.

My Christmas present last year was a new winter coat and I was chuffed to bits, a winter coat is an essential especially since I don't drive, I suppose it's down to personal preference and cutting your cloth.

Fancy perfume and silk knickers wouldn't have done me much good at the bus stop in January! grin

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 11-Nov-12 14:20:58

My step.dad had bought my mum a shower head for a gift one year as she mentioned it needed a new one grin

TessCowDirect Sun 11-Nov-12 14:21:55

If somebody desires or asks for one - fine.

Otherwise - no.

kotinka Sun 11-Nov-12 14:26:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MammaTJ Sun 11-Nov-12 14:32:39

I saw an advert this morning for some crusty foot shaver thing and they said it would be a perfect present! I declare now that if anyone buys me one of those for Christmas my crusty feet will be the least of their worries!!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 11-Nov-12 14:36:51

I saw that too Mamma

All I want is some adidas hi tops that I have seen.

I need to send pictures and hints to my brother and mum as I have no partner to buy me them

julieann42 Sun 11-Nov-12 15:41:42

My son, a marine cadet told me my iron wasn't very good and he couldnt get the creases in his uniform properly and I should get a new one, so I bought him one for Christmas last year!

nannyl Sun 11-Nov-12 15:59:43

it beats a (baby) highchair that OH nearly bought me for Christmas

(because DD would need one soon)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now