Talk

Advanced search

To ask if your house contains the entire contents of a local craft shop?

(13 Posts)
picturesinthefirelight Sun 11-Nov-12 13:22:18

Can oaks which I'd these items you have in your house - now or would be able to procure in the next hslf hour from somewhere local like the local corner shop/co-op

An old sock
Buttons
Red Felt
Green felt
Needle & cotton

I threw all the old odd holey socks out a few weeks ago. Got the needle & thread but ds can't see do dd did it for him. Found an old piece of orange felt. No buttons or green felt but got some coloured foam squares but no glue to stick them on with. Ds used Sellotape in the end.

Not able to get out to a shop which sells this stuff until Tuesday - homework due in tomorriw(was given on Friday) but I don't have ds from Friday night until Sat evening due to work.

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 11-Nov-12 13:25:18

Needle and cotten - yes
Felt - no idea. Dd1 has several bags of scrap material from the local sewing shop, but I have only looked at what she gets out to show me.
Buttons - yes, dd1 collects them to make clothes with for dd2's dolls.
Socks - no.

nokidshere Sun 11-Nov-12 13:27:59

a quick message on fb to all my friends with children would get me everything within an hour or so if I didn't have it myself smile or I could always go to tesco!

picturesinthefirelight Sun 11-Nov-12 13:35:15

Unfortunately we have various commitments tiday and stuff that has to be done before we go out so not time to go out shopping. Dd is doing her homework and to go shopping would mean she doesn't have time to complete it (too young to leave alone in the house). We have no friends with children close dustance wise enough to disturb on a Sunday morning

MammaTJ Sun 11-Nov-12 15:15:30

I have all except the green felt but would probably be able to find green fabric in my fabric boxes.

EcoLady Sun 11-Nov-12 15:18:50

An old sock - yep plenty
Buttons - lots
Red Felt & Green felt - and numerous other colours besides
Needle & cotton - sure, in every conceivable colour

I do indeed feel like I have the contents of a craft shop here. I am a Primary teacher, Brownie leader and mum of two... it's inevitable!

BeaWheesht Sun 11-Nov-12 15:21:51

Yes

LadyMargolotta Sun 11-Nov-12 15:23:48

Yes I have all of that. But it's a bit much for the school to expect you to have it all.

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 11-Nov-12 15:24:32

Yes I have all that and more.

Softlysoftly Sun 11-Nov-12 15:24:36

All of them, very crafty toddler.

LadyMargolotta Sun 11-Nov-12 15:32:55

Send in a note, saying due to work, you have been unable to get to the shops.

I wouldn't rush around today on your one weekend day off to get everything. Many people work weekends.

craftynclothy Sun 11-Nov-12 15:36:13

I have all that but then my house somewhat resembles a craft shop grin. I wouldn't expect most people to have those things.

CheerMum Sun 11-Nov-12 15:42:32

my house doubles as a warehouse for Hobbycraft so yes. and i have various shades of red and green felt blush

my dd once decided she'd like to celebrate Christmas in July and within a few minutes she was merrily making her own crackers and cards. I'm a bit sad like that. We have everything. not sure if that is good or bad smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now