Talk

Advanced search

To think that swear words shouldn't be allowed on TV at 12:45 on a Sunday?

(20 Posts)
spg1983 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:04:59

I'm not massively offended by this...just surprised that it actually happened IYSWIM.

Was watching an Only Fools and Horses repeat and it's the one where Delboy has dental treatment and is talking to the receptionist whilst waiting for the anaesthetic to kick in. He says "I'm just going to sh*t here" instead of "sit here".

Like I said, it's not really that offensive and it's not really bothered me but when I questioned DH he said he thought it was allowed and it was only the C and F words which were banned?

AIBU to think that this should have been edited out for a daytime audience? Although thinking about it, would it have originally been shown in an early evening slot? Very confused!!

atacareercrossroads Sun 11-Nov-12 13:08:56

Yabu, he didn't say shit, he said sit but has a mouthful of anaesthetic so it sound like shit. That's all.

BadgersBottom Sun 11-Nov-12 13:15:18

Seriously? You're very confused and not sure if you're offended or not? By something that didn't actually happen (if you agree with crossroads, which I do). You sound like you might need to pop to the shops and see if you can get a special Sunday grip.

atacareercrossroads Sun 11-Nov-12 13:17:19

Op can have my grip, I've got one already haha

TheBigJessie Sun 11-Nov-12 14:11:27

He's saying "sit". It only sounds like "shit" if you actually know that word.

This should supposedly not be a problem with the younger members of the daytime audience. (yeah right!)

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 11-Nov-12 14:15:07

hmm

CaptainBarnaclesDaddyman Sun 11-Nov-12 14:17:43

I agree po op. You shouldn't shit on the telly. It's really hard to balance one on top of a flat screen.

TheBigJessie Sun 11-Nov-12 14:24:25

And you know that how?

<stern look>

CaptainBarnaclesDaddyman Sun 11-Nov-12 14:25:36

I just guess it is...

<shuffles feet>
<looks around furtively>

WMittens Sun 11-Nov-12 14:38:17

I've wondered about this - a couple of QI repeats on Dave have contained the word 'shit' uncensored around the middle of the day. I'm not offended personally, but quite surprised by it.

Fakebook Sun 11-Nov-12 14:43:07

Well, do you know what plonker means? They should censor that for the daytime audience too.

picnicbasketcase Sun 11-Nov-12 14:45:23

How can they censor a word out of a scene that is only meant to be funny because he can't speak properly though? If they blanked it out it doesn't make sense, if they edited it to say 'sit' clearly, it's not a joke anymore. I think you're just looking for something to be offended about.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 11-Nov-12 14:49:25

I Think it just goes to show that you need to be careful which channels you leave on whilst kids are around.

No brainer really.

valiumredhead Sun 11-Nov-12 14:50:27

There are a LOT more things to be offended about on PFAH that that! I'm stunned at the stuff that we all thought was acceptable family viewing back in the 80's/90's.

valiumredhead Sun 11-Nov-12 14:50:45

OFAH

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 11-Nov-12 14:51:30

What does plonked mean? Never thought about it.

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 11-Nov-12 14:51:51

Or plonker.......

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 11-Nov-12 15:53:15

is it not slang for a penis?

FatimaLovesBread Sun 11-Nov-12 17:21:07

Plonker means idiot, that's not a swear word confused

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 11-Nov-12 17:52:15

plonker is another word for penis as well as meaning an idiot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now