Talk

Advanced search

to be increddibly proud of my brownies today

(22 Posts)
sausagesandwich34 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:59:46

18 of them attended parade and they behaved impecably

there were plenty of distractions parent's jumping out to wave and take photos, coo-ee smile but they did really well and during the 2 minutes silence they didn't move a muscle or make a sound

sooo proud

best bunch I've had in years

Sparklingbrook Sun 11-Nov-12 13:05:56

That's fab sausage. I remember going to church on Rememberance Sunday as a Brownie and a Guide. I never got to carry the flag up the aisle though. sad

DecAndAnt Sun 11-Nov-12 13:08:42

Ha ha, just opened thread expecting a yummy recipe for brownies grin

sausagesandwich34 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:14:54

well I do make a mean brownie wink

MrsHerculePoirot Sun 11-Nov-12 13:20:35

YANBU.

All the younger ones who took part in our local service today were brilliant and stood really still around the memorial.

I was proud of my DD who is almost 3 and who didn't talk in more than a whisper for the whole time as I had asked her not to. Didn't try to run around or mess about or whinge about anything. It is difficult to explain at that age why it is important, but she was really good.

PropositionJoe Sun 11-Nov-12 13:22:22

Taking photos? Wtf?

foslady Sun 11-Nov-12 13:23:16

That's fab - you deserve to be proud! We did Rememberence Sunday for the 1st time today as a) dd was at an age where she now understands the importance and b) we went with Brownies too!

Very moving

sausagesandwich34 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:24:38

proposition joe

it's not a new thing but not something I would do

BackforGood Sun 11-Nov-12 13:25:31

That's excellent.
Sadly we no longer have and Brownies or Guides at our Church any more but there were probably 50 or so Beaver, Cubs and Scouts at our Church service this monring, and the silence was really silent! smile
I think with the conflicts around the world, and things being on the news so much these days, youngsters do get a good understanding of the importance of rememering.

MissMogwi Sun 11-Nov-12 13:26:37

I took my Brownie and Guide to their service today and only two other Guides showed up and no other Brownies.

sad

Vajazzler Sun 11-Nov-12 13:56:30

My 2dd's attended their first service and parade today as brownies. They've only been brownies for 6 weeks. I was incredibly proud of them all.

weblette Sun 11-Nov-12 13:59:08

Over 200 in uniform at our parade this morning, the parish church now holds two services so everyone can fit in smile

Hopeforever Sun 11-Nov-12 13:59:26

smile

itsstillgood Sun 11-Nov-12 14:10:12

"parent's jumping out to wave and take photos, coo-ee smile"

Why do parents do it? I'm a Guider and it drives me nuts. Fair enough a photo at the start - mine are Rainbows so for many it is the first time they have done anything like this - of them looking cute and smart in uniform. But I had parents today filming the parade!

Like sausage I was pleased - good turn out, and well behaved. Oh and no one fell over which is a major bonus!

julieann42 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:19:32

It's great of them to do this, we had over 53 of our sea cadets turn up today for Remembrance parade and I was so proud so many turned up, only 5 didn't! It's never to young to start, well don to all those who took part in parades a dn services today.

EcoLady Sun 11-Nov-12 15:16:20

My Brownies did me proud too. As did DS carrying the huge Cubs flag that he could barely keep upright.

Our parents were very well behaved. I take pictures of the Colour Party before we start, but cameras were all away once the parade began.

FryOneFatManic Sun 11-Nov-12 17:06:38

In our town the parade is Guides and Scouts only, we don't have the Brownies or Cubs or younger.

DD is a guide and was on parade for the 3rd year in succession, it's normally rotated between the guide groups, but I think DD's pack are nkown be being reliable for a turn out.

I did notice her guider was looking with disdain at a couple of guides from the other pack who were in jeans (after they'd all been given the run down on the smart stuff to wear).

Oh, and I took a quick video clip of the parade on the phone. My DBro lives abroad and this will be for him and his family to see and remain involved in our lives.

DP was particularly wistful that his dad wasn't here to see DD parade. His dad had been a scout and and later a scout leader in his younger days, and would have been proud of our two DCs, (DS is a Cub).

freddiefrog Sun 11-Nov-12 17:13:13

YANBU

My DDs made me very proud today too. One is a beaver, one is a scout and they both marched, eldest DD laid a wreath, then they stood for 45 minutes round a war memorial then an hour in Church, before marching into town

I did take a pic of eldest laying a wreath, as I wanted to send it to my 96 year old grandmother who also laid a wreath today. I was very discrete though

Whojamaflip Sun 11-Nov-12 17:17:41

YANBU

I was really proud of our Beavers today too - impeccable behaviour both in church and during the parade - first time for most of them and they were brilliant shame some of the older pack members let us all down angry

ZebraOwl Sun 11-Nov-12 20:05:14

YANBU

My Brownies behaved PERFECTLY at Mass & then the group I took up to the Cenotaph, Field of Remembrance & Imperial War Museum were Made Of Awesome all day.

cavorts about in a proud fashion

weblette Sun 11-Nov-12 20:14:19

Most moving bit of the day? One of my old Beavers, now a Scout was reading the names of the fallen from our village. I knew he had family 'on the board' so when it was his turn he talked about 'my great great uncle' and 'my great great grandad'. Immensely powerful, you could heard the sharp intake of breath as he said it. This is why it's so so important to remember.

maxcliffordslovechild Sun 11-Nov-12 20:18:22

Our Rainbows and Brownies were little stars too, So proud of them all smile my DD got to lay the wreath, how proud was I of her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now