Talk

Advanced search

Baby - AIBU to pull my DB's face off? ;)

(10 Posts)
Enfyshedd Sun 11-Nov-12 09:15:39

I'm 5 1/2 months old and my favourite thing to do in life is to pull things and eat them, so why does my DB2 (6) keep picking my things up and try to make me "play"(?) with them? I wanted to eat the labels on my play gym, and my orange tambourine was next to them, so DB2 puts the tambourine in the way to I have to eat that instead. He then takes my tambourine out of my hands when I'm happily chewing it then makes it all noisy and shakes it in front of me. He takes away the pretty lights DM & DF got me to play with and says I can't eat them until DM tells him to give them back.

So, WIBU when he climbed under my play gym this morning to grab his ear and pull it really hard to see if a bit would come off so I could chew that instead?

dawntigga Sun 11-Nov-12 09:19:02

Wait till your DM cutted up your pear then you'll have grounds for an AIBU.

LovesThisKindOfThreadTheCubxx

Bearandcub Sun 11-Nov-12 09:19:54

YANBU to feel so frustrated but YABU to use violence. Try screaming instead perhaps?

ConfusedPixie Sun 11-Nov-12 09:25:38

YANBU

Also love these threads so marking my place early!

Onesingularsensation Sun 11-Nov-12 09:28:45

YANBU next time use 2 hands, you'll get a better grip. I've perfected this lately (am 7months old and can nearly wrestle my 2yo ds to the ground with this technique).

Enfyshedd Sun 11-Nov-12 09:41:38

DB1 (14) doesn't mind me trying to eat his nose. I loved rubbing my newly erupted teeth on the underside of his nose - was really soothing for my sore gums. Though DM & DF sometimes have a problem with me chewing their knuckles. Don't know why though - it's hard & bony, surely that doesn't hurt as much as they say it does?

Back to DB2 - I would have used 2 hands, but I couldn't turn over because he was in the way. How do I stop him getting under here?

Ionlylikeitwhenitrains Sun 11-Nov-12 09:54:52

2 year old AIBU-

WIBU to think it was funny to kick my heels on my bum while my mommy was changing my sloppy diarrhoea shit then wack it right between her forehead?

I found it hilarious but she didn't confused

Loobylou222 Sun 11-Nov-12 10:00:48

Yanbu, my cousin does this to me all the time. She is the same age as me so I don't see why we can't just play nicely, but its ok because when we played together on Friday, I stole her toy and pulled her hair really hard!

IShallCallYouSquishy Sun 11-Nov-12 10:03:14

YABU, you should of pulled and squealed/screamed as soon as it got near your mouth for added effect.

I am the same age and have mastered the art of screeching into DM and DF's ears perfectly. I also like to grab parts of their faces, cheeks, nose, eyes, whatever takes my fancy, and dig my nails into them. Mummy cuts my nails to try and stop the fun but I find a way wink

Arthurfowlersallotment Sun 11-Nov-12 10:08:54

BabyArthur (6m) says:

YADNBU. Your DB needs to learn who is boss.
Actually, I realised that my DF looks way better when you pull his bottom lip way down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now