Talk

Advanced search

to ask for my old phone back?

(6 Posts)
Sokmonsta Sun 11-Nov-12 08:49:35

4 weeks ago I was able to upgrade my phone, so I did. I intended selling my old phone but around the same time, a friend broke the screen on her phone and needed to send it away. She asked if she could borrow my phone while she sent hers off and I said yes. 4 weeks on and she still has not sent her phone off, she's not even using mine (hers is useable). I text her asking for it back, saying as she's not using it and I want to sell it. I've not heard from her and am feeling a little 'had' tbh. Was I unreasonable to ask for it back, given she's not using it and knows I want to sell it. I'm on maternity leave and the money would really come in handy in the run up to Christmas.

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 11-Nov-12 08:51:34

yanbu, you loaned her the phone not giving it to her.

HissyByName Sun 11-Nov-12 09:18:37

Call her,.or.better, go.round there! Texts are.too easy.to.ignore.

SavoyCabbage Sun 11-Nov-12 09:24:34

YANBU. Dh just sold his iPhone 4 for quite a bit on eBay last week.

shesariver Sun 11-Nov-12 09:30:35

YANBU. Why would you think you were being unreasonable asking for something back that belongs to you that you only loaned out?

Sokmonsta Sun 11-Nov-12 17:42:18

I'm feeling unreasonable because I said she could borrow it but I'm asking for it back before she's sent hers off. It's that stupid feeling that I'm somehow letting her down, even though she's had ample time to get her phone repaired, as she is a good friend and has been really good to me lately. That feeling you owe someone a favour if you get me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now