Advanced search

To be sat in my own house frightened

(176 Posts)
altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 03:52:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 03:56:39

Tinkerisdead Sun 11-Nov-12 03:59:54

Didnt want you to be scared and alone. Dont answer the phone. I assume he's calling on a mobile. Do you have a cordless you can bring into the bedroom?

What crazy behaviour from a "friend". If he pitches up do call the police. A friend would never scare you in your beds no matter how drunk!!

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:05:12

GlitterySkulls Sun 11-Nov-12 04:07:26

jesus- can't your DH deal with him (it's his friend!)

failing that, police. not your fault if he loses his job, it's his for being a twat.

GiserableMitt Sun 11-Nov-12 04:10:54

Is there more to this than meets the eye? Why would he be looking for a fight at your house?

Agree with Glittery, get your DH to sort him out, it's not your doing.

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:11:48

GiserableMitt Sun 11-Nov-12 04:13:12

Sorry, but there is every point.

It's HIS friend and HE went out drinking with him. There's absolutely no reason why YOU should be the one sitting awake scared when you've done absolutely nothing to bring this on.

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 04:13:19

Just do as she says and don't answer the door/phone, and if you feel you need to protect your children, then ring the police.

What happens afterwards is not your responsibility, it's primarily the bloke who's on the look out for a fight, and secondly your friend for (possibly understandably) not telling the police herself.

If I text a friend in the middle of the night saying I thought they might be in danger of some twat on the rampage, then I would most definitely have my facts straight and really be worried for them.

If she's that concerned, she should do more than just scare the shit out of you!

Why is he targeting your DH? Just drunken falling out or something more?

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 04:14:58

I agree with other posters, if ever there's a time to wake your DH up, this is it.

GlitterySkulls Sun 11-Nov-12 04:15:33

i really think you should wake him up, seeing as you're frightened.

do you really think this guy would hurt you or the kids? like, honestly, can you see it happening? because if you do, you really need to phone the police.

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:16:06

GlitterySkulls Sun 11-Nov-12 04:18:55

he's not a lovely bloke if he regularly does things like this.

he know's he's an arse with a drink in him, yet, he still chooses to drink, so he's choosing to be an arse, & he's getting away with it because everyone's pandering to him by going "oh, he's just drunk" etc

Longtalljosie Sun 11-Nov-12 04:20:14

Wake your husband, for heavens sake. He needs to rethink his friendships, I think hmm

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:20:17

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:20:50

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:23:58

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 04:25:02

Has he done this kind of thing to you or anyone you know before?

What happened if it did?

Is he likely to have flaked out outside the house, or could he be fuming/ranting to himself out there?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with either option tbh.

If you're reluctant to call the police, is there anyone else you know who could take him in hand? Although that could mean more shit on your doorstep.

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 04:26:04

Good on her dad!

But driven off??? Fucking hell...

GlitterySkulls Sun 11-Nov-12 04:27:28

so he drives when drunk, as well as wanting to scrap with his mates?

what a wanker!

still, at least he's away from your door now... here's hoping the police get a hold of him so he doesn't decide to return.

Bubblenut Sun 11-Nov-12 04:34:11

Eh? Your DH is sleeping and you don't feel you should wake him?

Are you over reacting a bit? He has made a few calls and you've turned the phones off - good. Now go to bed. If he knocks then deal with it then but if you are actually that worried go and wake your husband up

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:34:58

Bubblenut Sun 11-Nov-12 04:35:17

Oh I stand corrected! He's come to the door and its all getting sorted

Have a serious word with your husband

altinkum Sun 11-Nov-12 04:37:41

Chubfuddler Sun 11-Nov-12 04:43:03

Your husbands friend is not a nice person - drunken threats, drink driving. What a tool.

Time for DH to have a rethink about who he drinks with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now