Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how the hell I injured myself in this manner?

(25 Posts)
WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 00:40:53

Thought about namechanging, couldn't be fagged. Teeeeny bit embarrassing...

I ran myself a bath this evening, sat down, only to leap up screaming in pain because it felt like I'd sat on a knife. Close inspection by DH we have such a glamorous relationship reveals that I appear to have split the top of my arsecrack.

What the fuck?? How did I do this? How? Will it ever heal? I can't sit properly. I am a freak of nature.

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 00:44:21

A big shit? <eyes bulge trying not to laugh>

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 00:45:36

No! And I'm not the lady who birthed a giant poo after suppositories recently!

AgentZigzag Sun 11-Nov-12 00:47:56

Could it just be something that'd normally occur with flesh that's close by such nasty germs? (can't believe about your arse grin I'm dettoxing my thoughts as I go)

qo Sun 11-Nov-12 00:48:47

I think that's a possible sign of chrohn's?

Loveweekends10 Sun 11-Nov-12 01:07:11

I think there are more obvious signs of chrohns than this! You probably just put a lot of pressure on that area at that point. It over stretched the skin.

TenMinutesLate Sun 11-Nov-12 01:09:15

Anal gone wrong....?! grin

PinkFairyDust Sun 11-Nov-12 01:09:56

Try baby cream - bebampthem (sorry cant spell it) it's great for everything I find!

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 01:11:54

In dh's dreams!!!

I have enough wrong with me without crohns on top! Some reading of crohns forums suggests it may be linked to dehydration and I'm a diabetic so my skin does get quite dry. Maybe it's that.

<whimpers at the inhumanity of it all>

frogspoon Sun 11-Nov-12 01:18:29

Could be an anal fissure.
Can be a symptom of Chrohn's but more frequently just found after alot of diarrhoea, or if you are straining when constipated.
Can feel like a paper cut/ pooping razor blades
Try sudocrem and wet wipes instead of dry toilet paper which can be abrasive.

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 01:21:56

Oh no, it's not IN my bum. It's at the top, you know, beneath the coccyx where your arsecrack ends?

Never thought I'd have to utter the words 'Its not in my bum".

Monty27 Sun 11-Nov-12 01:25:39

You haven't been drying your bum properly afer baths and showers and its gone all dry. not now

Sounds sore though.... hope you get proper medical opinion soon better soon. smile

peanutMD Sun 11-Nov-12 01:45:26

I get this but no idea how, I do however have eczema induced dry skin.

CaliforniaLeaving Sun 11-Nov-12 02:30:46

I've done that a few times (at the top, where your back meets butt crack) no idea how, but I find out when I turn my back to the water in the shower. Ouch! I have eczema so maybe thats it.

catgirl1976 Sun 11-Nov-12 07:21:38

I had an anal fissure after having DS blush

Twas agony. I actually wept whilst pooing sad

Get it checked as it can be rather unpleasant sad

Fakebook Sun 11-Nov-12 07:33:44

Bum sweat? It can cause skin to go wrinkly and raw.

Fakebook Sun 11-Nov-12 07:34:25

Sweat in general that is. I wouldn't know about bum sweat. I assume it would do the same thing.

ImperialBlether Sun 11-Nov-12 10:03:20

Athlete's bum?

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 11-Nov-12 10:04:55

Hmmmm. So not bumhole but skin at the top of the crease?

Ingrown hair?

Pressure sore?

Thrush?

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 11-Nov-12 10:05:38

Sudocreme.

3littlefrogs Sun 11-Nov-12 10:10:57

If you are diabetic you must keep a close eye on it because even a small abrasion can get infected. Sorry, but you will have to get someone to have a look and see if it looks infected.

flyoverthegoldenhill Sun 11-Nov-12 10:12:49

Are you sure Stratters isn't hiding in your bathroom with her staplegun ?

VirginiaDare Sun 11-Nov-12 10:14:03

It's a skin tear due to dry skin and dehydration. Not uncommon.

iamabadger Sun 11-Nov-12 10:22:12

Keep an eye on it though, you really don't want a pilonidal sinus. www.nhs.uk/conditions/Pilonidal-sinus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

iamabadger Sun 11-Nov-12 10:23:36

I have packed many if those buggers for patients in my time and they ALL wish they'd got if looked at quicker. Crohns patients can be susceptible to it but its not a sign of the disease as such, more a consequence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now