Talk

Advanced search

To not understand why I am broody

(10 Posts)
McChristmasPants2012 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:46:18

Please tell me to get a grip.

Me and DH decided over 2 years ago that our family was complete and he had the snip.

My dd has been in public nursery since September and the last few months has gone from me changing her nappies and getting her dressed and all the 'baby' things to a little girl who is very interpendant.

I know it sound crazy but I am missing the baby stage, the first words, first steps ect.

lovebunny Sat 10-Nov-12 23:29:35

nature abhors a vacuum. there's room in your womb, a place on your lap - of course you need a baby. its just the way of making sure the species continues. its not personal. it will pass.

MrsReiver Sat 10-Nov-12 23:36:58

It will pass, honest. When my DS was 18 months I was wracked with broodiness, like lovebunny described I felt an awful emptiness. It was horrific and even though I knew the time wasn't right for us to have DC2 I had this awful longing inside. It is just physiology and I promise you, it won't last.

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 11-Nov-12 00:31:28

Thank god for that, I don't want another child

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 00:43:24

I think I'm abnormal, the idea of another newborn fills me with horror!

Another toddler though - say about 18 months? Bring it on, I love it.

Casmama Sun 11-Nov-12 00:48:25

I think it is only natural in a way because it is such an exciting time with your first it is bound to be a little sad when you realise that you won't experience these firsts again. I think all you can do is focus on all the new things your dd is doing and wait for the feeling to pass.

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 11-Nov-12 00:49:52

Welsh this is the first time I have been broody. DH was broody on DC1 and I agreed to have a child with him and DC2 because I didn't want DC1 to be an only child.

These feelings are all new to me

WelshMaenad Sun 11-Nov-12 01:08:45

Maybe this is just your 'time' to be hit with brood inwas then, regardless if the size of your family? I think it is a very transient thing. You obviously have lots of reasons to feel your family is complete, they will reassertion themselves soon I am sure!

putonyourredshoes Sun 11-Nov-12 08:09:19

YANBU but it will probably pass.

Or do what I'm planning to do and encourage your daughter to get up the stick at 16.

Joke.

Sort of.

OutInAllWeathers Sun 11-Nov-12 08:16:46

I'm not sure ill ever stop feeling broody completely. I have 3 dc, dp has had the snip and I know our family is complete. But seeing a baby bump, or a scan photo or a newborn etc still gives me a little ache. It passes though as I'm sure it will for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now