Talk

Advanced search

To be proud of myself for binning leftover chinese instead if saving it for breakfast ??

(39 Posts)
HELPMyPooIsStuck Sat 10-Nov-12 22:31:07

I, poostuck hereby declate the binning of half a tub of fried rice.

Some noodles.

Mushrooms

Almost a full tray of barbecue spare ribs.

Prawn crackers.

And one, lone chicken ball.

Usually they would be kept and squabbled over the following morning for breakfast, but no more. From this day forth they shall be binned in the interests of my ever expanding arse.

MacAndCheese Sat 10-Nov-12 22:32:57

Well done you!

I want Chinese food now sad

LFCisTarkaDahl Sat 10-Nov-12 22:35:11

That's pretty fucked up

You know there's hungry children all over the world wink

<standard 70's parental response>

HELPMyPooIsStuck Sat 10-Nov-12 22:38:41

The ribs were orrid. Normally id nibble at them on account of them costing a fiver, but no, I binned em.

WorraLiberty Sat 10-Nov-12 22:40:48

Why bin good food?

I would have stored it in the fridge and had it for lunch/dinner the next day.

bedmonster Sat 10-Nov-12 22:42:06

I had last nights chinese for breakfast this morning blush

Fiendishlie Sat 10-Nov-12 22:42:40

What a waste of food, buy less next time.

Illgetmycoat Sat 10-Nov-12 22:50:10

BOAK!!

Why do they oversell quantities? I sat in a cafe this morning with both myself and my two kids being told off for not finishing three tray's worth of food, one of which would have fed all of us (first visit - I had no idea of quantities). The waitress was lovely, but tried to bribe my kids to eat the fat-wallowing mountain by offering them a lollipop.

We were going to go shopping, but had to go home because we all felt sick. They couldn't eat the lollipop.

HELPMyPooIsStuck Sat 10-Nov-12 22:50:45

Well the ribs were orrid, the rest was just bits and bobs tbh the bits I pick for the sake of it so not too horrific.

BumpInTheNightFuglies Sat 10-Nov-12 22:51:45

Shame on you. Freeze it and have 1 week later. Some lonely day you could shove it in the microwave and have instant comfort food! smile

QOD Sat 10-Nov-12 22:53:05

I have 3 little bowls of left overs in the fridge!

Had a gastric bypass so tiny tummy, lunch and dinner tomorrow and 1 to freeze

HELPMyPooIsStuck Sat 10-Nov-12 22:53:14

I agree illget, far too bloody much of it. We all like the side orders so order a few things, just cant bloody eat it all in one go.

ilovesooty Sat 10-Nov-12 23:12:19

I'm in agreement with those who think it would surely have made another meal.

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 23:16:44

You would get on well with my mate who would eat all that plus Curry & a sweet on the same plate for breakfast.

Yuck bloody gross.

picnicbasketcase Sat 10-Nov-12 23:18:30

Chinese takeaway = dinner one night and lunch the next day. It costs far too much too waste and is too delicious

LRDtheFeministDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 23:19:19

I am squeamish about keeping leftover rice - isn't there meant to be a risk unless you chill it from fresh cooked straightaway?

I do love leftover chinese for breakfast too.

ecuse Sat 10-Nov-12 23:22:10

Leftovers? blush

WorraLiberty Sat 10-Nov-12 23:26:23

LRD as long as you put it in the fridge once it's cool, it's fine to re-heat the next day.

Unless I've just got a cast iron stomach grin

I don't know how anyone can eat chinese/pizza/curry for breakfast...but I know plenty of people who do.

LRDtheFeministDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 23:27:29

grin

You and me both, I think, as I used to. I'm just a bit cautious now after people saying it could be nasty.

Anyway, if it helps the OP feel good she's not scoffing the lot ...

musicalendorphins Sun 11-Nov-12 10:55:47

Why did you have to say chicken ball?
<mouth waters>

OHforDUCKScake Sun 11-Nov-12 10:58:04

What a huge waste!! Id not be proud of wasting food.

I hate food wastage. But we are a very broke family, I guess if you can afford to chuck away food. But still.... confused

DowntonTrout Sun 11-Nov-12 11:00:17

YABU to throw it away and not have noodles with mushrooms stir fry for breakfast.

I would have left over curry for breakfast too if I have some left from the night before.

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 11-Nov-12 11:03:42

I love chicken balls.

I agree with the others this was a complete waste of food and you could of had it for lunch and had a walk perhaps to burn some extra calories?

ThatBastardSanta Sun 11-Nov-12 11:07:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marzipanface Sun 11-Nov-12 11:07:44

Definitely order less next time!
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now