Talk

Advanced search

to feel very hurt at not being told of cousin's pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
dampfireworksinthegarden Sat 10-Nov-12 22:24:33

I have just learned via fb that my cousin & his DW are expecting their DC2. Dw is 26 weeks gone.
I'm really happy for them; the pregnancy has been much wanted.
the thing is, I am really hurt that i wasn't told of the pregnancy! I have lost my mum & uncle in the last year, and have previously told cousin's DW that i am feeling very lost in terms of family at the moment. They, together with their parents and brother are my nearest kin now.
i know that I value their role in my life far more than they value mine - they have the DW's family too, and, as far as i know, have not experienced bereavement of family members (apart from my mum & uncle, as mentioned). I understand that I am not a priority as such, but i still feel very hurt at finding out the great news through FB!
Mners, am I being picky and entitled, or do you think I am justified in feeling hurt? and what, if anything, do I do, if so?

squeakytoy Sat 10-Nov-12 22:27:43

I think you are over-reacting a bit, I can understand it, but to be fair, she has all her side of the family too, so a facebook announcement was probably the easiest way to let everyone know at once.

dampfireworksinthegarden Sat 10-Nov-12 22:30:08

thanks, squeakytoy. i probably AM over-reacting. but it wasnt' a FB announcement - i would have been fine with that. it was a random post about the pregnancy, and by the responses i guess that most people already knew.

ThatBintAgain Sat 10-Nov-12 22:30:29

I think it sounds a bit rough and I'm sorry you're in this situation of feeling so isolated. thanks

ThatBintAgain Sat 10-Nov-12 22:32:22

26wks gone seems a lot for people you now class as your closest relatives. I'm not surprised you feel hurt.

RyleDup Sat 10-Nov-12 22:32:42

I can see why you feel like that op, and they should have included you and told you before the fb announcement. I made sure all family knew including cousins before putting it on fb. I guess they just weren't thinking. I would probably say you felt a bit hurt, in a nice sort of way, and congratulate them on their news.
I'm sorry about your mum btw.

dampfireworksinthegarden Sat 10-Nov-12 22:33:55

thanks for the flowers, Bint! smile

ThatBintAgain Wed 14-Nov-12 16:19:58

smile

Hope you're feeling better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now