Talk

Advanced search

Fecking Christmas

(12 Posts)
ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 22:11:05

Gawd I am so dreading xmas this year & new year.

My sis moved away last year so will be enjoyng christmas in her newish home. Too far for to travel & my future BIL family kids etc.

So this year it's me, my gorgeous ds who is full of attitude, and too cool to hang with mum phase

And my mum. who wont shout at me for drinking to much and as I have stopped smoking and started on the E - Cigs (11 weeks yeah go me). wont say I am now killing myself electronically instead shock

My BF is going on a far flung trip with her niece, which leaves her partner my other BF sulking all holidays. He don't do xmas. So Xmas Eve is out normally spent together.

AIBU to

A) Buy a great big bloody keg of vino. Leave meals to be heated in the fridge for CBA son. to heat and spend the hols in total oblivion.

B) Leave all meals in fridge for CBA son & bugga off to the pub in the hope I find better company off likeminded pissheads.

OR

C) Do nothing and be bored.

Incidentally cant even bloody work as shut down for 2 weeks.

AudrinaAdare Sat 10-Nov-12 22:24:36

I know someone who planned to and did just stay drunk for a fortnight. Facebook updates were very amusing. I wasn't at all jealous, honestly.

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Nov-12 22:26:23

A combination of A and B, buy big keg of vino (for when you're at home) and get down the pub of an evening to find likeminded pissheads.

Of course grin

Are there any things you've been putting off but will either be a weight lifted to get them done, or you used to enjoy them in the past but haven't had time recently?

What about other people you haven't contacted for a while? On facebook or from your phone numbers?

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Nov-12 22:27:47

I like the idea of updating your fb from the comfort of a chair in front of a roaring pub fire, making everyone who's stuck in with relatives they loathe envious to high heaven grin

WhenShallWeThreeKingsMeetAgain Sat 10-Nov-12 22:28:41

Congrats on the E-Cig - I'm 3 weeks in........and finding it hard!

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 22:35:43

Ha Agent ZigZag am feeling very billy no mates at the moment. 40plus them single gals are no longer single lol.

On a serious note abit of depression last year and this year trying to start something new business wise has kind of put me out of the loop with lots of friends. I am afraid they got sick of asking and have since hooked up and obviously as a result become loved up. lucky buggers.

I had lots of friends at 1 point but life intervenes as it does so they are abit low on the ground at the moment.

You know once upon a time, I would have quite happily walked in a pub on my own. But older and wiser I now find it blush

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 22:40:22

3 Weeks in which bits are you struggling with.

What Cig are you using and what flavours honestly will help you if I can. & Please dont give up.

I have smoked since I was 15. 42 now, always liked a cig. Never ever thought I could do it. but you can smile

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Nov-12 22:49:35

Getting lots of invites to go out is a good start, even if you had to turn them down, it means you have some threads you can pick up from.

Just ask them? Even if they're seeing someone now it doesn't mean they wouldn't be up for a pint/meal/cinema/discotheque or whatever people do when they go out nowadays (more out of the loop than you) grin

I know fb has already been mentioned, but it can be handy if you update your status on a specific day before you want to go out asking if anyone fancys a night out. So long as it's lighthearted and doesn't look too needy, you might get people answering who you hadn't thought of.

What about a local dating site? If you're just looking for a pub mate, it could be a goer?

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 23:10:34

Lol I did get invites they are no more.

But ya know what feck it I live in a small town.

I just need to grow a pair and get out there scared not

Dating sites done that - been there.

Done the dating site thing & honestly cant do that. I get soooo bloody nervous I end up downing a bottle turning up pissed. And looking for a bleeding window to haul my fat ass through or I get the phoar your fit beer goggles on. Neither are a good combo wink

PinkFairyDust Sat 10-Nov-12 23:31:02

What about volunteering over Xmas period? To a homeless shelter or something similar?

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 23:37:00

Actually Pinkfairydust that is not a bad idea. I dont drive however and now Public Transport on 3 of the days.

Not to say the other days are out. Might do my only DS some good as well.

ohokthen Sat 10-Nov-12 23:37:17

*NO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now