Talk

Advanced search

to really suspect that the "jungle" in I'm a Celebrity is NOT REAL.

(24 Posts)
MoomieAndFreddie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:47:49

I think its mostly a film set

I think the bugs etc are real but I don't believe that they really sleep in a camp in an actual jungle and wash in rivers etc. i mean surely the health and safety implications of if it was real would make it not worth the risk?

or my other theory is I think they sleep in a hotel and are only in the "jungle" for the bits they film

and i reckon the slebs sign a contract saying they won't ever reveal the truth or they will be sued for £100000000000s by itv.

squeakytoy Sat 10-Nov-12 19:49:42

Of course its not real and it is only a film set! lol... I thought everyone knew that. It is inside a safe compound, but they do actually sleep out there. I am dubious about whether they get given food in secret though and suspect they probably do.

Sneepy Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:47

I think you're on to something.

MyLastDuchess Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:49

I am from Australia and TBH I never knew we had 'jungle' there. Rainforest, yes, but not jungle.

But plenty of people camp out in all regions of Australia, that part is really not that strange!

MummyBarrow Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:54

Of course it is. The hotel is about 100 yards out of view.

MoomieAndFreddie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:54:27

ha ha am I being really thick as its been on for like 10 years and i clearly am the last one to cotton on blush

typical of me..... sad

TulisaLover Sat 10-Nov-12 19:55:46

MyLastDuchess - a rainforest is the technical name for a jungle.

TiggyD Sat 10-Nov-12 19:56:39

I believe the 'Jungle' is a patch of rainforest just outside a town. Not a film set. Just a bit of country with dozens of cameras, toilet, shed, treetop studio,and challenge areas, and catering/editing stuff for over 100 people

MyLastDuchess Sat 10-Nov-12 20:00:58

Tulisa we don't call it 'jungle' in Australia. End of.

squoosh Sat 10-Nov-12 20:05:29

I don't think they pass food to them on the quiet, full bellies don't lead to TV dramas.

TulisaLover Sat 10-Nov-12 20:06:09

Fair enough. I spent years in Australia and plenty of people called Daintree a jungle, but maybe not in your circles. Parts of it have considerable undergrowth that I think suits the definition.

absolutmum Sat 10-Nov-12 20:09:23

I know someone, who knows someone who was in it. She said they used to get pizza delivered when the cameras weren't looking!

TulisaLover Sat 10-Nov-12 20:10:44

http://www.discoveraustralia.com.au/queensland/daintree_national_park.html - Australian's calling it a jungle. What was it you said mylastduchess....end of.

keriatthetate Sat 10-Nov-12 20:20:40

I always think there is a suspicious lack of wildlife in camp.

letsgomaths Sat 10-Nov-12 20:24:39

Kew Gardens looks more like jungle.

MoomieAndFreddie Sat 10-Nov-12 21:39:28

now now tulisa and mylast ...lol

Pictureperfect Sat 10-Nov-12 22:05:26

Saw a program on it, it slightly in the forest and real in that sense but it's set up as a film set for example there's a canopy above the camp so although they do get wet in heavy rain most of it stays off. The set is there all year round as lots of countries do a stint of get me out of here

MoomieAndFreddie Sun 11-Nov-12 18:22:53

Oh well real or not I will still be watching it tonight grin

ifancyashandy Sun 11-Nov-12 18:27:44

They don't get food & it is real but like Picture says, it's a set. The creepy crawlies can't be controlled and have free reign to wander where they like however! There isn't a canopy above - only the trees. Have been there & worked on it. Oh, and yes, they do sleep there!

Nancy66 Sun 11-Nov-12 18:32:44

it is real. I've spoken to celebs that have been - some of them did suspect themselves that there would be a certain amoung of cheating and were surprised at how strict it is - they do sleep in the camp, eat only what's given to them and shit in a hole in the ground.

squoosh Sun 11-Nov-12 18:39:08

What motivation would the producers have to make things comfortable for them? Hungry bellys cause drama.

Ghoulelocks Sun 11-Nov-12 19:28:11

The programme is filmed in Springbrook National Park, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
latitude:-28.255739° longitude:153.350057°
Inside the entrance to the filming location is an open area allocated to buildings which house on-site medical facilities, containers for the storage of props, and so on. It is in this area that the families and friends of the celebrities bide their time each morning during evictions – awaiting the fate of their loved ones. From this area, a restricted access road climbs to the site of the studios. The road then heads down into a valley via four-wheel drive access to the set of the show.
Some of these areas are viewable from Google Earth, though it is difficult to view the suspension bridges and open-air studio that Ant & Dec broadcast from. While the roof of the main building is bright red, when filming is out of season, this whole area is covered with hessian to obscure the aerial view.[clarification needed] The creeks and camp areas are situated directly below the main suspension bridges. As they are so close to the celebrities, the crew have to be careful during filming to keep voices and music down. Many of the Bush Tucker Trials are not performed here; in fact, some are performed well away from the area.
Once out of the jungle, the celebrities stay at the opulent six-star hotel Palazzo Versace Australia.[clarification needed] The health and wellbeing of the celebrities and crew are looked after by medic Bob McCarron and his team from EMS. McCarron is also responsible for all of the creatures and food in the challenges.

Loveweekends10 Sun 11-Nov-12 19:50:36

When I went to oz I went on a rainforest walk up in cape tribulation that was like that. Giant crocs and weird insects and plants. It freaked me out and I needed a strong drink when I got back.

Didn't Anthony Worral-Thompson or someone admit they'd been fed pizza? I can't stand that programme at all, its desperation city if you ask me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now