Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to feel ashamed of my social housing home

(42 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 10-Nov-12 19:01:18

It's not an estate, just one row of new build houses on a road of naice homes.

A diet Lady is coming to see me who lives in a hufe mansion, I have heard about it.

My house is a hovel in comparison.

I feel inadequate like a twat.

Put me out of my misery sad

SoleSource Sat 10-Nov-12 19:01:56

*huge not hufe blush

notusualsuspect Sat 10-Nov-12 19:03:05

Don't be so bloody daft

ddubsgirl Sat 10-Nov-12 19:03:21

you have a roof over your head,be thankful,doesnt matter who owns it.

SoleSource Sat 10-Nov-12 19:04:21

True I am proud but heard she made a remark about another customers decor.

brighthair Sat 10-Nov-12 19:06:11

Then she's probably one that could find a cloud in every silver lining

apostropheuse Sat 10-Nov-12 19:06:15

Oh for goodness sake of course YABU and insulting to the many people who have to live in social housing, for whatever reason.

Ashamed indeed.

discrete Sat 10-Nov-12 19:06:49

What is a diet lady?

hygienequeen Sat 10-Nov-12 19:07:01

In which case she is an utter cow ! Just because she lives in a big house doesn't make her a decent person (or someone with taste !!) i know who i'd rather be !

cheesesarnie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:08:33

tell her to fuck off if she dare judges you! is she from a company? if so report her if she does make any rude remarks.

where i live social housing is nicer than non social housing.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 10-Nov-12 19:08:45

Then she needs to clamber down from on high and remember that others probably find her décor equally eclectic.

missmapp Sat 10-Nov-12 19:10:20

You should never be made to feel judged in your own home- does she have to come? I think I would be putting her off.

MrsCantSayAnything Sat 10-Nov-12 19:11:02

Discrete I am sure you can work it out. It must be a person who advises on diets.

hmm

pouffepants Sat 10-Nov-12 19:11:16

I had a piano tuner refuse to come in and tune my piano when he discovered that my address was HA.

Still doesn't make me feel ashamed to live in HA though, just makes me think he's a prat!

TerrorNotSoFrightened Sat 10-Nov-12 19:19:21

You shouldn't feel ashamed, just think that anyone with that attitude is a twat.

One of the awful mums at DD's nursery asked where we lived, I told her xxxx street.
Ah yes, the council houses, was her reply while looking me up and down.

grin what a bitch.

Makes me sad though, to think that this attitude will probably filter down to her DC and may end up having an affect on my DD iykwim?

mum2threesons Sat 10-Nov-12 19:49:10

Don't ever feel ashamed of your house!
I'd love a new build because my house was built in the 70's and really needs updating but sadly we cant afford to.
What kind of 'diet lady' is she? Because if she's a rep for a dieting company SHE NEEDS YOU and your money!!

PenisColada Sat 10-Nov-12 19:51:07

Diet lady would not live in a mansion if clients like you did not pay her.

marriedinwhite Sat 10-Nov-12 19:57:53

Do you mean a dietician or someone who sells those "plan type" diets. If the latter, she wouldn't have to be doing it if she could affort to live in the mansion. If you feel uneasy and have a choice, don't give her your business. Find someone more empathetic. How will you put your trust in her advice if you think she's bitching about you behind your back?

Your home sounds nice btw.

lovebunny Sat 10-Nov-12 20:02:49

you are most seriously not serious.
you don't give two hoots.

Bogeyface Sat 10-Nov-12 20:05:36

If you are paying for her services then vote with your feet and go elsewhere!

If not and you have no choice about her visiting (what is a diet lady?!), then write her off as someone who clearly has no class at all. Trash with Cash are not to be given a seconds thought.

Bunbaker Sat 10-Nov-12 20:09:25

What is a diet lady?

Eurostar Sat 10-Nov-12 20:09:42

I want to know what a diet lady is too!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sat 10-Nov-12 20:16:02

I'd tell her to take her face for a shit if she tried judging me been in a council house.

I'm not ashamed. It's not a doss house or a dirty pit. It's a house that the council happen to own.

I couldn't give a flying pig shit what people think and neither should you sole

RabbitsMakeGOLDEggs Sat 10-Nov-12 20:18:22

Mate, I am going to be homeless any time between now and the end of the year, your housing is not inadequate in my eyes, and anyone who might judge is a twat.

WelshMaenad Sat 10-Nov-12 20:34:17

I own my little house and its falling apart! I'd love me a new build HA house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now