Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect at the age of 52, my body not to think I am still a teenager

(21 Posts)
Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sat 10-Nov-12 07:24:50

I have had periods for 40 years.
I am due on, and have bloating, cramps, foul PMT (or is that just my personality).

And a bastard big spot fight in the middle of my chin. One of those which is visibly throbbing , red and not sqeezable.

I felt like this when I was 15.

kakapo Sat 10-Nov-12 07:50:40

Sorry to hear that Mrs. I have bad spots too, drives me potty, especially because I didn't have them when I was a teenager!

Can you at least sit on the couch undisturbed with a cup of tea and a hot water bottle?

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sat 10-Nov-12 07:56:22

i am grin
going to the gym later as exercise does help.

Oh menopause where are you. I am on HRT but still peri menopausal.

Raspberrysorbet Sat 10-Nov-12 08:02:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iliketea Sat 10-Nov-12 08:05:18

YANBU.

I was most dissapointed when my spotty skin didn't get unspotty on my 20th birthday.

I'm 35 now, was hoping they would be no more by the time I'm 40. I guess thats not the case!

MissCalamity Sat 10-Nov-12 08:37:42

I'm more spotty now (at 33) than I was when I was a teenager angry so completely sympathise. Also, DS who's 2.11 delightfully points them out for me all the time, don't even get me started on PMT either.....!

NinaHeart Sat 10-Nov-12 08:58:11

Whilst I have every sympathy with you over the spot, as someone who underwent an early menopause, I'd just like to point out that it can be a flippin' sight worse. (in my 10th year of hot flushes, a final period that lasted FIVE MONTHS.....) Feel fortunate while you can.
grumpy alert

Yellowtip Sat 10-Nov-12 09:01:29

Five months Nina? Non-stop? What did you do about it? Surely that's v. unusual, no?

NinaHeart Sat 10-Nov-12 09:06:22

There was a total of 5 days (not all in one go) in the five months when I wasn't bleeding like a stuck pig. Yep, I saw the GP and a very horrible consultant (about whom I subsequently complained) who did some tests and found nothing. "It's your age". BAH!

NinaHeart Sat 10-Nov-12 09:06:44

Oh...my age was early 40s.

Yellowtip Sat 10-Nov-12 09:18:14

Hopefully it was nothing - sounds scary and early 40s is young.

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sat 10-Nov-12 09:23:03

(strokes Nina and says there, there)
Blimey, that sounds awful.

Dd is at the other end, 16 and already moaning about periods.

diddl Sat 10-Nov-12 09:30:41

10yrs of hot flushes??

OMG tell me it´s not so.

I haven´t had a period for 2yrs but still get hot flushes.

marriedinwhite Sat 10-Nov-12 09:31:19

At 52 I've probably had 10 spots in my entire life, never had a period pain but had the peri m or menopause from hell which started at about 44/5. Haven't had a period for two years but succumbed to HRT two years ago when I couldn't cope with the lack of sleep due to night sweats any more.

But I don't have the energy I used to have; I need to pace myself and I simply cannot have an absolutely packed weekend and function without feeling totally exhausted the next week. An early night on a Monday just doesn't do it anymore.

Sorry you are all suffering.

NinaHeart Sat 10-Nov-12 11:40:24

Aw thanks MrsRobert! (Gets a grip and mans up to menopause. Can you man up to menopause??)
Big grump - teenagers get away with all sorts of stuff "because its their hornmones". Try that with the mp!
My H still doesn't get the tiredness and need to pace myself as so eloquently described by Marriedinwhite.

maddening Sat 10-Nov-12 11:42:59

My mum is 58 and only in peri-menopause - apparently still ov'ing.

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sat 10-Nov-12 11:54:27

Well I am back from an hour of personal training, so the pain in my thighs is overshadowing any cramps I may have.
Now eating crumpets with loads of butter smile

NinaHeart Sat 10-Nov-12 12:04:56

Ah crumpets...the panacea for all ills.

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 10-Nov-12 12:12:13

I'm 52 , and still get spots ( not too often though ) I have a Mirena coil so haven't had a period for 11 years .
I'm worried what's going to happen when they take it out .
Hot flushes , so far have been quite nice , as I'm usually cold .--probably not real hot flushes then , are they ?--

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 10-Nov-12 12:12:54

Oops got strike out wrong !

Solopower1 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:21:41

Before I became menopausal, I thought, 'Hot flushes? What could possibly be so bad about hot flushes??'

Now, after four years of feeling feverish and faint several times a day; breaking out into clammy sweats ^every couple of hours^; never, not even in the winter, being able to wear more than one layer at work (but unwilling to show my upper arms, so I have to wear long sleeves); feeling like throwing open every window as soon as I walk into a room; not being able to sit on a bus without removing almost every stitch of clothing; waking up just after I have gone to sleep, bathed in sweat ... now I understand.

I suppose I was lucky never to have had period problems. And my heating bills are very low.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now