Talk

Advanced search

Lesson plans!!

(12 Posts)
HtotheS Fri 09-Nov-12 20:40:46

So we have an inspection on Monday and Tuesday next week. We share the planning so I do Literacy and my partner does Numeracy.

Have just been given his plan and its terrible, really short, hardly any detail.

I spent ages on my literacy plan, checked it with deputy head to see if it was okay.

What should I do? I feel like getting in contact with deputy head and letting her know how bad it is. At the end of the day my teaching and observation will be criticised if its a bad lesson

BadgersBottom Fri 09-Nov-12 20:42:11

Sorry but - ummmm - - What's the AIBU here?

GupX Fri 09-Nov-12 20:42:12

Yes, speak to him first. See if you can help him improve it.

HtotheS Fri 09-Nov-12 20:43:25

AIBU in contacting the deputy head about it?

I have emailed him direct and said wouldn't it be better if we ...etc

GupX Fri 09-Nov-12 20:44:37

I think no, YANBU.

Is his teaching OK? Is it just his planning (written plans) that are poor?

noblegiraffe Fri 09-Nov-12 20:46:06

Just plan your own, no? You've got the weekend. At the end of the day you're not going to be able to boost your grade by explaining that the plan wasn't your fault.

HtotheS Fri 09-Nov-12 20:46:56

Good advice noble giraffe

noblegiraffe Fri 09-Nov-12 20:49:53

Good luck, by the way. Ofsted suck balls.

kenanddreary Fri 09-Nov-12 20:50:16

Do your own planning and offer it to your collegue if he would like it. Why would you need to tell the Deputy Head? You need to have a lesson you are entirely happy with and comfortable to teach. TBH even if my colleague's lesson plan was good - it would still be their plan. It is never the same teaching from someone else's plan - you need to have been part of the thought processes behind it.

Good luck and try to give yourself some breaks this weekend and something to look forward to when it's all over!

HtotheS Fri 09-Nov-12 20:50:25

Yes ........ Yes they do!

HtotheS Fri 09-Nov-12 20:51:12

I work part time so going to London when it's all over! Yippee!

neverputasockinatoaster Fri 09-Nov-12 21:56:06

HtotheS - I could never work from another person's planning anyway, especially if Ofsted were approaching....

I think you would be best off taking the idea so both classes are covering the same ground but then planning it YOUR way.

(Am covering for a colleague on Monday and will have to re jink the planning as it is in 'her' speak and I need it in my language IYSWIM.

<Links arms with HtotheS and leads rousing chorus of 'There's only one f in Ofsted' >

Disclaimer - I may be a teacher but I have limited techie skills and may have made typos....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now