Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think i'm too old and fat for this?

(41 Posts)
Flojo1979 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:28:59

Going on a date, due any minute.
Decided against my better judgement to wear a little black number with knee high boots (well it is a friday night!)
But the last time I wore this dress I was 10 yrs younger and 2 dress sizes smaller.
I'm making a huge mistake aren't I? I look like a big fat mutton dressed as lamb don't I?
Oh help!

LynetteScavo Fri 09-Nov-12 19:30:24

You look absolutely fine!

Calm down.

Flojo1979 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:32:07

I haven't been on a date since 19 something or other. Do knee high boots make me look tarty?

rhondajean Fri 09-Nov-12 19:33:14

No knee high boots do not make you look tarty.

DameMargotFountain Fri 09-Nov-12 19:33:20

have a great time don't forget to tell us all about it tomorrow grin

LFCisTarkaDahl Fri 09-Nov-12 19:33:40

You are not making a huge mistake.

I have never heard a guy complain that a girls dress was too tight/sexy or her boots were too high wink

I'd wear that and I guarantee I'm fatter, norkier, shorter and older than you grin - and no man has ever followed me down the street moo-ing, instead they look appreciative.

men don't care generally so unless you look like someone from Towie please try to be a little less hard on yourself smile

DameMargotFountain Fri 09-Nov-12 19:35:00

if they make you look tarty, then i'm tarty on the school run

they're fine - go on out and enjoy

Flojo1979 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:35:35

Oh god, now wonders if I look like someone from towie! Never seen it!

Yama Fri 09-Nov-12 19:37:18

Please don't worry. I bet your date is more nervous than you.

Remember, if he's a dick then you don't want him anyway.

Trills Fri 09-Nov-12 19:38:13

If the actual dress fitted you when you were 2 sizes smaller then it's probably not the best idea.

Sorry.

Unless it was very loose back then?

Flojo1979 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:39:46

It's stretchy, does that help?
Now do I drive or do I drink? Ummm

Flojo1979 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:40:15

One glass of wine and i'll be tipsy!

MissWinklyParadiso Fri 09-Nov-12 19:41:51

Yes what trills said. If it is the type of dress you wore when you were smaller, no problem. If the dress is a size.or two sizes too small that will NOT look ok.

thenightsky Fri 09-Nov-12 19:47:00

If the dress is 2 sizes too small then no, wear something else. You will be uncomfortable all night and forever wriggling about and yanking it down or up or whichever way its creeping. You will be aware of every lump and bump showing and feel self-conscious.

Wear something you don't need to think about or panic about.

LynetteScavo Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:01

She's about to leave, telling her to wear something else now is not helpful!

Take a taxi!

lovebunny Fri 09-Nov-12 19:56:11

you look gorgeous. you know you do. he won't believe his luck.

socharlotte Fri 09-Nov-12 19:59:42

go somewhere dark wink only joking I am sure you look lovely

carabos Fri 09-Nov-12 20:02:46

You are a breathing female who wants to be in his company. Nothing else required.

Taxi.

You look gorgeous.

I am older than you & if I wasn't happily shacked up with DH would be going at it like a cougar.

<Jealous>

Flojo1979 Sat 10-Nov-12 09:17:53

The date went well, despite the bad dress choice. That was a disaster! I choose a lovely restaurant in the village that was a ten min walk. I had a long coat on, by the time I took my coat off at restaurant, it had worked its way up, right up! So I sat down quick behind the table and covered my fanjo with a napkin! And spent the whole eve wondering if he noticed and wondering how the hell I was going to get back out my seat and in to my coat quick!

Proudnscary Sat 10-Nov-12 09:20:51

Hold on a minute lady - what did you think of him? You should be working out whether he's good enough for your fabulous self...funny about the napkin though!!

Flojo1979 Sat 10-Nov-12 09:36:01

Gosh you're right, 10 years ago that's exactly what I would have thought. I need to go and look myself in the mirror and give myself a pep talk "I don't need a man, I'm perfect just the way I am".......
Maybe I should lose the panda eyes first!

Sallyingforth Sat 10-Nov-12 09:40:58

But how was the date? Was he good enough? Seeing him again?

lovebunny Sat 10-Nov-12 12:19:34

You are a breathing female who wants to be in his company. Nothing else required.
i think for a lot of them, breathing takes second place to the possession of orifices.

Trills Sat 10-Nov-12 12:27:50

That is a disgusting and sexist thing to say lovebunny.

It seems wrong that some posters are encouraging the OP to consider if the man is good enough for her, while others are assuming that anyone female is good enough for the man.

A relationship is a two-way street.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now