Talk

Advanced search

MIL from hell

(14 Posts)
molly199 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:14:31

I met my partner 8 years ago, the first few months we went out I was thrown into his close family circle ( I being young and very shy, First BF). Suddenly MIL took a dislike to me and sent me vile texts telling me to never come near the house again. She came into my work shouted at me infront of customers, would ring from withheld number, show up to my work loads and give me dirty looks. The times she text me I got so annoyed I actually texted back, basically standing up for myself.

Her and her DD both ganged up on me. So for near 2 years this went on ( was very hard as during that time my BF lived at home with them, and my DM died). Finaly once the birth of her DD's DC came along she sent me a text apologisng for everything (baring in mind id changed my number 3 times), i decided to be the bigger person and sort it and forgive her. 4 years passed they were ok in terms of our relationship. We all lost weight together, however they seemed unhappy for me losing more and getting to my goal.

Over the years they have always got their little digs in at me, always putting me down, and trying to get my BF away from me. They have always seemed jealous, I dont know why as i a normal nice giirl and they are older woman. Then suddenly they have turned on me again using her DC as a weapon as they know i love her. Ive been called vile names of which are untrue which they said over the phone to my BF ( although this time i have not commented back i have ignored it). They have now also not talked to him for 2 months now over me. I havent done anything, I dont say bad things about them, im nice to them. Could this all be over jealously.

Could someone please help me understand this situation. I am intending on marrying this man and having children with him, we both agree. I dont want to have to deal with this my whole life. They are totally unreasonable and talking to them wont work.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Fri 09-Nov-12 16:17:05

What's your boyfriend doing about it?

pictish Fri 09-Nov-12 16:18:42

Why is your dp standing by and allowing this?

molly199 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:18:43

hes waiting on an apology. Ive decided even if they do I am dome for good, although it will hurt me. I dont know what to do, what will make my life easier in the long term. If we had children im not the sort of person to keep the child away from their G

molly199 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:19:24

Over the 8 years he has fighted, stopped talking to them everything possible. They are in a world of their own rules.

pictish Fri 09-Nov-12 16:20:20

I would avoid them like the plague myself...they sound quite mad.
What's their beef with you?

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Fri 09-Nov-12 16:20:37

Your boyfriend needs to read them the riot act and if they continue he needs to cut them off.

maddening Fri 09-Nov-12 16:23:02

What are they saying about you and did your bf ever find out why the initial dislike <nosey>

Have you discussed what to do if they apologise?

NatashaBee Fri 09-Nov-12 16:23:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

molly199 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:23:33

I have put my finger on it that. 1. Only son. 2. Hes very hppy with me and he grew up like any normal boy would.

YellowTulips Fri 09-Nov-12 16:26:18

Personally I would just cut them out of my life - actually I would have done it years ago. Their behaviour is totally unacceptable.

You say you want to get married and have children. Do you really want to expose them to this behaviour from your BF's family?

They sound vile.

vintageviolets Fri 09-Nov-12 16:27:00

Just ignore them.

I've met my mil once in 9 years & that was once too much.

molly199 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:27:23

if they apologise (i think ill still back off, and let them be). They have called me a s**t in front of customers in work. (Was 17 then), and i very much am not ie hes my first BF. Apparently im also a golddigger, although i have more money than him. And i paid for our last holiday, I am also waiting on a claim of which im surprising him with a trip to NewYork. We exactly 50/50 everything else bills ways and nights out. Theyve really messed with my head especially after my DM died.

whois Fri 09-Nov-12 17:50:14

Who on earth did you have kids with a man who has these people involved in his life? You're tied to them now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now