Talk

Advanced search

to find it sad that

(7 Posts)
mamamibbo Fri 09-Nov-12 16:11:30

the nursery teacher had to tell 2 parents that their children should have coats on today

it was pouring down and they were soaked sad

amarylisnightandday Fri 09-Nov-12 16:14:13

Yanbu that's v sad sad
I tend to over equip dd! She has a waterproof warm coat which stays at nursery with gloves in the pockets so I never forget it etc. I take her in the car with a warm jumper then she has both. Dd is hard as nails and it has to be nigh on arctic to consent to wearing both bit I know they are there for her! Pfb I know....

Not PFB, I regularly wrestle ds2 into his all in one for dashing through puddles in. He's also nails and would run around in the cold. Naked.

Sirzy Fri 09-Nov-12 16:15:43

The nursery Ds goes to provide all in one water proofs for bad weather. Probably because that way they know they have something for all children if parents 'forget" to send things

Tincletoes Fri 09-Nov-12 16:16:29

Perhaps they are like my 3 year old, who refuses to wear a coat. The time comes where you have to make the point as to just WHY you are insisting so much.

In saying all that, if it was my DS, he would then have coat / spare clothes with him somewhere so he wouldn't ultimately be soaking.

mamamibbo Fri 09-Nov-12 16:17:13

lol i have 4 and they have waterproofs, hats, coats,scarfs etc so not pfb

Pi1978 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:31:11

Rather depends why they didn't have coats.

If the children are driven to nursery, I can see why parents in a a hurry in the morning might either forget coats or just not think about them needing coats later. Might be sad if it happens every day but not as a one-off.

It could be a result of parents losing toddler war in the morning choosing their battles with a wilful toddler. Not sad.

It could be parents being caught out by a change in the weather. Not sad.

Of course, if parents can't afford a coat or just can't be arsed to provide one, then,yes, YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now