Talk

Advanced search

To think my daughters shoes should not have fallen apart already!

(5 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 09-Nov-12 09:17:56

Before the new term started in September we brought my daughter new school shoes from a Brantano store, this weekend I will be going to get her a new pair of shoes as the ones we brough have literally fallen apart! I don't mind the odd scrape and scuff I'm taking the soles have come away leaving holes in the bottom of the shoes. I can't remember exactly but I think they cost around the £25 mark.

I'm thinking i should take them back to the store or e-mail head office? Dh says they won't do anything because they have been worn nearly every day for the last 6 weeks but even so I still wouldn't expect them to fall apart!

WWYD?

Blowninonabreeze Fri 09-Nov-12 09:21:51

I took some geox shoes (£40) back in early December last year for the very same reason.

The shop replaced them no problem.

Worth a try? Don't know what store brantano is, but if their customer service is decent they'd consider t

Scholes34 Fri 09-Nov-12 09:22:43

School shoes are one thing I do spend a lot of money on/ buy good quality ones, as the DCs do a lot of walking on a school day. £25 isn't cheap, but the shoes you bought may not have been robust enough.

It's much easier to find acceptable robust shoes for a boy than for a girl. I don't think designers of girls' shoes take into account the fact that walking in them is a requirement.

sweetheart Fri 09-Nov-12 09:26:22

We did look at a £40 pair of Clarks shoes which i thought were stupidly expensive at the time. 'm wishing I'd brought them now! It's the first year I haven't brought Clarkes as we normally go to one of their outlet shops - guess what I'll be doing next year!

Justforlaughs Fri 09-Nov-12 09:50:56

I'd take them back on the grounds that they were not fit for purpose (assuming that they were "sensible" shoes and not fabric ballet pumps or somesuch), the store has a legal responsibilty to ensure that everything they sell are suitable for the use they are intended for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now