Talk

Advanced search

To be so proud of dd3 (boast alert)

(10 Posts)
Northernlurker Fri 09-Nov-12 08:26:36

Dd3 started school last January and it hasn't been the easiest time as she adjusted. I've a couple of threads gibbering about aspects but now things are definately getting better.
Yesterday she came home with a certificate for good work assembly. It's for 'super partner work with Reception children and x (a child in her class who I think has SEN). Also for 'expressive reading'.

I am SO proud of her grin Just wanted to boast a bit tbh but also say if your child is toiling in Reception take heart - it WILL get better. Dd is in a moixed age class this year and being one of the 'big' ones seems to have been really good for her.

ChristineDaae Fri 09-Nov-12 08:28:34

Well done littlelurker! That's a lovely thing to be rewarded for. smile

megandraper Fri 09-Nov-12 08:29:28

Well done DD3! Lovely to hear. Those kind of personal skills are even more important in life than the academic ones IMO (and I speak as someone with a lot of academic qualifications).

Northernlurker Fri 09-Nov-12 11:45:04

Thanks smile

Everlong Fri 09-Nov-12 11:48:21

Boast away.

It's lovely to hear that she's doing so well smile

Dawndonna Fri 09-Nov-12 12:12:44

Well done, dd3! It's lovely when it gets sorted.

Fakebook Fri 09-Nov-12 12:16:41

Yanbu. Well done to her.

SmellyFartado Fri 09-Nov-12 12:18:29

What a lovely post to read - and well done LittleLurker thanks

Magna Fri 09-Nov-12 12:19:09

Well done Mini Lurker smile

YANBU it's nice to hear when they do well

ClippedPhoenix Fri 09-Nov-12 12:22:42

Ahh how lovely.

I remember the best certificate my DS ever won (for me anyway) was for being an outstandingly polite and helpful boy, nothing to do with academia.

I swear my chest grew another 6 inches well that's my excuse anyway, nothing to do with too many pies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now