Talk

Advanced search

To hate competitive tiredness, but.......

(13 Posts)
Filibear Thu 08-Nov-12 15:11:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

lovelydogs Thu 08-Nov-12 15:18:13

Aww Fili you need a break! Your dp sounds a bit selfish. Can you take a day off work and relax?

charlottehere Thu 08-Nov-12 15:20:01

Your problem is you do it all.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 08-Nov-12 15:22:02

Same time off. Same time off. Now repeat that to yourself and DH like a broken record.

redexpat Thu 08-Nov-12 15:29:23

Are you me?

AThingInYourLife Thu 08-Nov-12 15:36:26

Why are you doing all the housework? confused

Filibear Thu 08-Nov-12 15:42:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

lizziebach Thu 08-Nov-12 15:46:31

Filibear - I've been told by a nurse that you can self certify for 5 days sick and a company can't force you to get a sick note for it, I don't know how true that it.

peeriebear Thu 08-Nov-12 15:46:56

It's been said before; don't do his laundry, his ironing, his dishes, his dinner. Why the hell should he be waited on?

I used to be like this then in a row about it once, DH said I was being a martyr and I was the only one who cared if the carpet was a bit crummy or dusting hadn't been done, so I stopped doing so much, eventually stopped caring so much and now we are all happier, funnily enough they all do more now too as they see it eventually whereas before I did it before anyone cared which made me cross.

goodmum123 Thu 08-Nov-12 15:56:56

Hi filibear
In exactly the same and it pisses me off. He will try to do kitchen but its not great and then I've had to ask!! If I'm ill, he's ill!! If I'm tired he's tired!

He was made redundant in April and I work four and a half days and still seem to do everything that keeps home a home.

Seriously I love him but if grates when I'm ran off my feet and he's slobbing on sofa or on song pop!!!

When I rest I feel guilty.

I know the answer is to make him do more but how do you do that? Lists, diaries? Show him and expect it to be done?

Sorry rant over for now....

JurassicFart Thu 08-Nov-12 16:03:58

You poor thing, sounds desperate.

If you're both working full time can you afford to get a cleaner for three hours a week? We have and it has made a HUGE difference to my mental well being.

greeneyed Thu 08-Nov-12 16:22:00

YANBU!! I hate this "I'm tired" "I'm tireder" no you're not Fuck Off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now