Talk

Advanced search

To have no self control

(22 Posts)
KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 14:40:22

Someone at work has put a tin of cadburys roses on my desk. I have eaten a lot (more than ten) and if they stay there I will eat the whole tin. I have had to put them in another office to take the temptation away.

pjmama Thu 08-Nov-12 14:43:36

Roses don't do it for me. If it were Quality Street however, I would say YADNBU and I'd fight you for them. wink

Tweasels Thu 08-Nov-12 14:44:13

You've crossed the line. You'll start to feel sick soon. Move them before it's too late.

My colleagues and I conducted a highly scientific test with a tub of celebrations. We figured out that the 6th one is still nice but the 7th one makes you feel sick. Especially if you opt for Galaxy Caramel.

I'd suggest you allow yourself 1 more to ensure you feel sick and then remove them from site.

Tweasels Thu 08-Nov-12 14:45:57

Sight not site, that would be extreme, I'm not suggesting you remove them from the building...........yet

KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 14:47:29

Tweasels removing them from the building may be a good idea grin. It's those purple ones with the caramel and the nut in that I can't stop eating!

VIX1980 Thu 08-Nov-12 14:47:52

If it makes you feel better i went shopping this morning and saw a packet of onion rings (the ones in batter you have to cook). [yummy/drooling emoticon]

well lets just say the onion rings are no more, but i am very full up blush. im not even pregnant, just a greedy cow who cant say no to an onion ring!

KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 14:48:08

pjmama I would do battle over the green triangle ones grin

diddl Thu 08-Nov-12 14:50:10

If someone finds my self control, can they point it in my direction?grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 08-Nov-12 14:54:24

Self control...what is that exactlyconfused

The only reason Roses would be safe around me is that they are horrid!

I dread Christmas at work because we get given a lot of sweets. It's a nightmare because a) by the time I get there (nights) all the decent ones are gone and b) by 4am in the morning I will eat anything with a bit of sugar ingrin

So my trousers get too small and its not even stuff I would normally enjoy eating!

KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 14:57:51

Doyouthinktheysaurus I always do that - leave all the crappy chocs and then sit there eating them even though I'm not enjoying them. There is no other food I would do that with!

SugaricePlumFairy Thu 08-Nov-12 15:16:09

Vix I loooooooooooove battered onion rings. grin dipped in salad cream.

Lifeisontheup Thu 08-Nov-12 16:13:11

I don't even like milk chocolate but in the middle of a night shift I trample over my crew mate to get to the quality street in the crew room. blush
At that time of night I would even eat the abomination that is turkish delight.
And then feel very sick but still do it again the following night. I have a minus amount of will power.

applecrumple Thu 08-Nov-12 16:13:11

YANBU I'm trying to lose the baby weight but ate 3 custard doughnuts yesterday blush I don't have any self control at all & have to eat the whole pack of biscuits if I open then! Btw mingles are better than Roses smile

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 08-Nov-12 18:16:21

Nights do funny things to me....I literally have an unlimited capacity for sweet stuff in the middle of the night! I only feel sick when I'm heading home and its all gone by thenblush

My colleagues a generally quite restrained, there's just me who comes in with a bag laden down with all sorts of choccie bars because you never quite know what you'll fancy....then I eat the lothmm

There are so many reasons why I need to get off nights...

StuntGirl Thu 08-Nov-12 18:41:24

We bought 4 boxes of Celebrations and Roses for Christmas and I've had to put them in a bix under my bed so they're out of sight, out of mind. I still occasionally remember them and get tempted.

I have no will power sad

StuntGirl Thu 08-Nov-12 18:41:40

*box

WelshMaenad Thu 08-Nov-12 18:42:30

I'm a lunatic for crunchy things on nights. I are an entire package if sweet chilli crackers on Monday night. I think the crunching keeps me awake!

Maryz Thu 08-Nov-12 18:47:21

Only ten? From a tin.

You have been very restrained, imo.

KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 18:47:37

Stuntgirl the fact you don't go and tuck into them shows you have more self control than me! I'd get peckish one night and rip the boxes open. Even if I buried them I reckon I'd be out there with a shovel like a crazed sugar fiend ;)

Joiningthegang Thu 08-Nov-12 18:50:30

There were 3 chocolates left - I forced them on others or else I would ave inhaled the lot.

Fwiw - 10 not so many over an hour though - you must have some self control

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 08-Nov-12 18:55:41

Our Christmas sweets are in the loft, I get the heebey jeebies going up there so they are safegrin

I can mainline salty snacks on nights too WelshMaenad! I do think eating helps to keep you awake. Something needs to, some nights I really struggle!

KellyElly Thu 08-Nov-12 18:59:58

Joining I may have been economical with the truth to make myself sound less of an animal ;) I even put some in my bag to take home (planning ahead) haha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now