Talk

Advanced search

To think that if someone can invent breakfast biscuits then...

(22 Posts)
FlipFlippingFlippers Thu 08-Nov-12 13:47:55

someone should hurry up and invent breakfast cheesecake.

grin

Softlysoftly Thu 08-Nov-12 13:49:35

Surely that's what raspberry cheesecake is for, 1 of your 5 a day to start you off right? Otherwise what's the point confused

FlipFlippingFlippers Thu 08-Nov-12 13:54:40

But I need the scientists to tell me it's "specially formulated to be part of a healthy breakfast" or I just feel bad...

BoerWarKids Thu 08-Nov-12 13:57:38

<wades in to spoil the fun>
Are you talking about Belvita? Processed junk! Not a healthy or filling breakfast.

OHforDUCKScake Thu 08-Nov-12 13:58:13

Cheesecake is good for any time of the day or night.

Its cheese which is made from milk, and milk is always a good morning food item.

And the bottom is biscuit, perhaps its even breakfast biscuit.

FlipFlippingFlippers Thu 08-Nov-12 14:02:59

Boer I know I just want a good excuse! I ate it for breakfast when preg 3 years ago and miss it so!

ducks you've almost convinced me got to be better than the can of Pepsi max I had this morning

degutastic Thu 08-Nov-12 14:05:54

Flippers, would it help if I told you that I am allegedly a scientist, and that I believe cheesecake to be specially formulated to be part of a healthy and delicious breakfast?

FlipFlippingFlippers Thu 08-Nov-12 14:11:22

Sold!

<goes out and buys ALL of the cheesecake>

degutastic Thu 08-Nov-12 14:13:07

Oi shock

Leave some for the rest of us angry

hazeyjane Thu 08-Nov-12 14:16:07

dh sometimes does dd1 a digestive with philadelphia and jam for breakfast - it is our homemade breakfast biscuit./cheesecake.

confuugled Thu 08-Nov-12 14:16:29

Whenever I visited France to stay with pen friends, their standard breakfast was cake (the sort made in loaf tins rather than big and round with icing).

They were most surprised when I was surprised about eating cake for breakfast - and when I said that we would more normally have it at tea time (they would apparently have gateaux or patisserie then!)

Think about it - it is a good breakfast food if you get a decent one. It's got eggs in (good protein), flour (carbs), sugar for energy, fat (everybody needs a bit), carrots or cocoa are both good for you...

I often make banana-ies (like brownies but with bananas in, instead of cocoa), with spelt flour and they are good breakfast cakes. Sometimes they have nuts or choc chips in. But lots of bananas, eggs, spelt for slow release carbs, all sorts of stuff.

And the next recipe i'm about to try is healthy brownies with apple sauce instead of most of the fat and sugar, which also sound ideal for breakfast.

I certainly don't think they are any less healthy than toast and jam, or cereal. A healthy version of the traditional english breakfast is probably the best start to the day though!

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 14:17:37

Ew.
grin

HorraceTheOtter Thu 08-Nov-12 14:17:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 08-Nov-12 14:24:59

Oh why did I click this thread, I'm just going to get fatter now you've all justified cake for breakfast. I suppose since I don't eat breakfast apart from when I have asda blue berry muffins in it would be better then nothing right?

SecretCervix Thu 08-Nov-12 14:26:07

<Moves to France>

ShatnersBassoon Thu 08-Nov-12 14:28:22

I want breakfast crisps. Not breakfast flavoured crisps, but crisps that are fortified with vitamins and iron and somehow bulked out with something nutritious.

MrsCantSayAnything Thu 08-Nov-12 14:30:01

I had breakfast Sushi yesterday! I was THRILLED. I also want breakfast crisps and breakfast cake.

Tenderisthenight Thu 08-Nov-12 14:31:19

I had a breakfast mince pie today. Just like a regular mince pie only I ate it at 7am. Would recommend.

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 08-Nov-12 14:34:12

I'd like a solid mouthful of a cup of tea and then it melts in your mouth back to liquid. I could walk down the street popping them in on the school run.

MrsCantSayAnything Thu 08-Nov-12 14:35:44

Ooooooh!

I would too Brandy!

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 08-Nov-12 14:36:25

I need to market that idea!

CaliforniaLeaving Thu 08-Nov-12 17:01:03

Belvita Yum, high calorie biscuits.
I really do like them but can eat more if I choose McVities digestives instead.
I usually chug down a big milky coffee and a Yogurt.
I love cake for breakfast blush with hot chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now