Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not want carpets in the

(45 Posts)
orangeflute Thu 08-Nov-12 05:54:24

Bathrooms? That's it really. Moving into a new house and they've put carpet in the bathrooms. Can't really complain as the did the whole house as a freebie. But I can't imagine why they would not stick a bit of vinyl down. AIBU?

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 08-Nov-12 05:58:41

Hmmmm, someone else's piss splash...yummy. hmm

YANBU
Just pull it up.

Alligatorpie Thu 08-Nov-12 06:04:06

My inlaws have carpet in all 3 bathrooms, I don't know why - it seems so unhygienic!

sashh Thu 08-Nov-12 06:43:23

I hate carpets full stop.

As a kid fwe had carpet in both the bathroom and the kitchen!

wishiwasonholiday Thu 08-Nov-12 06:46:59

I'd just pull it up if only a smallish bathroom it won't be very expensive to replace, we had to do ours when we moved in as the builders didn't do any carpets etc.

HazleNutt Thu 08-Nov-12 06:48:41

Pull it up. I hate carpets, anywhere.

perplexedpirate Thu 08-Nov-12 06:50:16

Yuck. YANBU. Get rid.

Flyingfruit Thu 08-Nov-12 06:52:14

YANBU carpets in bathroom is gross.

FergusSingsTheBlues Thu 08-Nov-12 06:52:55

Why do people hate carpets so much? I understand in places like Spain with its ferociously hot summers, but, really, it's hardly cosy in depths of winter...is it a hygiene issue or aesthetics?

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 08-Nov-12 07:17:00

Carpets in the bathroom are nice for about 3 months until the piss dribbles start to smell. Vinyl is much nicer and more hygenic. Yanbu!

halcyondays Thu 08-Nov-12 07:29:10

Yanbu, there was carpet in our bathroom when we moved in. It was nice and warm but gets very soggy. It wasn't long before we replaced it with vinyl, which wasn't too expensive.

halcyondays Thu 08-Nov-12 07:29:59

Carpet in the kitchen must be even worse. How on earth would you keep it clean?

Dawndonna Thu 08-Nov-12 07:39:26

I have pulled up bathroom carpets in every bathroom I've had. I'd rather have floorboards/concrete until I can replace with vinyl.

Bilbobagginstummy Thu 08-Nov-12 07:39:43

If people pee on the floor that is a far bigger hygiene problem.

I like carpet in bathrooms, hard floors are skippy and dangerous. Use a bath mat so it doesn't get soaked.

Bilbobagginstummy Thu 08-Nov-12 07:40:03

Slippy

MulledWineOnTheBusLady Thu 08-Nov-12 07:48:56

I hate carpets in general. My asthma gets worse in a carpeted house. And I am a champion moulter, so they're never quite hair-free. <boak>

Carpets in bathrooms though, WTAF?

fatcuntroller Thu 08-Nov-12 07:52:46

I think carpet in a bathroom is ok as long as the toilet in there. Any room with a loo should have a wipe clean floor.

fatcuntroller Thu 08-Nov-12 07:53:24

isn't in there. Damn you auto correct.

madamecake Thu 08-Nov-12 07:54:28

We used to rent a house that had light cream carpet in the kitchen. Why oh why?
We couldn't keep it clean and had to hire a carpet cleaner.

SecretSparkle Thu 08-Nov-12 07:56:02

When we moved in there was carpet in both the bathroom and kitchen. Ripping it up was on of the first things we did, we bought some super cheap lino for the kitchen and used the off cuts for the bathroom.

As for carpets for the rest of the house, hmmm, we have laminate throughout the bottom of the house but thats because I dont like telling people to take there shoes off and over time you just get a trail of trodden horridness (even after vaccuming) running from the front door to the back door. with the laminate its much easier to clean. Carpets for everywhere else though otherwise it does feel a bit cold!!

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 07:59:28

Yanbu.

I only have carpets in the lounge, stairs and landing and bedrooms.

mrskeithrichards Thu 08-Nov-12 08:01:18

Wood for the win!

mrskeithrichards Thu 08-Nov-12 08:01:39

Apart from the bathroom, tile it is!

sashh Thu 08-Nov-12 08:17:25

Carpet in the kitchen must be even worse. How on earth would you keep it clean?

In theory it was washable.

But we had a dog and a cat and two smoking parents so everywhere was a bit stinky anyway.

HazleNutt Thu 08-Nov-12 08:25:00

Why don't I like carpets. WE're quite clean, but if I just think about past couple of weeks, we've had all kinds of people in the house, mostly with shoes on and there have been various things spilled and dropped. One cat puked and the other one dragged a dead mouse in.
As we have tiled floors, all this could be easily removed and I can walk barefoot again (underfloor heating). If we had carpets then we could have removed some of the mud, liquids, puke etc, but most would still be there. Yuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now