Talk

Advanced search

To be obsessed with watching Rastamouse...

(12 Posts)
blondiedollface Wed 07-Nov-12 21:37:32

...even though it's usually on after DD goes to bed.

I am lovin' da Easy Crew. Irie man.

InNeedOfBrandy Wed 07-Nov-12 23:30:46

I watch wolf blood on cbbc and this vampire program, my dd started me off. Even when she's at her dads I have to watch it. blush It is really good though try it!

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 08-Nov-12 00:05:41

Rastamouse and Scratchy and Zuma, also known as the Easy Crew. I love them and have converted my American cousins to it. They love the music.

MichaelaS Thu 08-Nov-12 00:26:09

YANBU but you have the wrong reasons. you should be watching it with your judgey pants hoiked WAY up high. i nearly wrote in to complain. I mean, what sort of message is that program sending to our children?

There are these 3 mice who have a perfectly reasonable job, albeit lefty artist types. And they are moonlighting as law enforcement. And the head of state knows this and indeed positively encourages it. Sounds like a corrupt state to me. Don't get me started on why the actual law enforcement is never around.

And then whenever someone commits a crime, these 3 show up and solve the mystery, then without even soliciting a heartfelt apology they let the wrongdoer off the hook with a mere warning, and the job of their dreams, barely disguised as "makin' a bad ting good". its dreadful, their idea of community service is very poor. perhaps all the prisons are filled with political detainees though.

and lastly, there is the sexual ethic. all those poor little orphans. we know who fathered them. they all look quite... ...rasta don't you think? I bet he doesn't pay the CSA anything, claiming he's just a jobbing musician when actually he's the head of the president's secret bloody police.

i think it should be taken off the BBC immediately. i'm going to withold my license fee if that's how they're going to spend it.

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Thu 08-Nov-12 00:33:25

I watched it in Polish today

Can't say it made any more sense than usual

MichaelaS Thu 08-Nov-12 13:07:10

Oh I think it makes sense mildred, horrible horrible sense where the way to get ahead in the world is to commit a crime badly, leaving loads of clues behind, then wait for the Rastamouse to grant you your dream job.

The one good thing about it is all the cheese. Mmmmh, cheese.

maillotjaune Thu 08-Nov-12 13:22:55

I need to know why the she-mice wear dresses but the he-mice only have tops. My sons ask about this alot.

MichaelaS Thu 08-Nov-12 16:44:21

See, dodgy all the way through!!!

showtunesgirl Thu 08-Nov-12 16:51:22

YANBU Rastamouse is crucial viewin'! grin

FireOverBabylon Thu 08-Nov-12 16:56:20

maillotjaune, it's because the she-mice understand about the importance of hem-lines

and why Donald duck puts a towel round his middle when he steps out of the shower but only wears a coat the rest of the time

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 08-Nov-12 17:21:18

The orphans have bottoms, male and female.

SparklyVampire Thu 08-Nov-12 17:27:56

YABU for it's sheer awefulness
However i must confess to a massive crush on the Get Well Soon Dr, Poor DD2 knows to never mess with the TV when he is on grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now