Talk

Advanced search

To hope my mum would babysit overnight once a year on my birthday, without sounding too reluctant?

(8 Posts)
mrsmagee Wed 07-Nov-12 14:53:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GhostShip Wed 07-Nov-12 14:55:09

I don't understand why her feelings towards your DH are interfering with her relationship - and therefore her babysitting - of her grandchildren?

mrsmagee Wed 07-Nov-12 22:42:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

achillea Wed 07-Nov-12 22:53:15

Perhaps you should invite her round for dinner a few times and give her a chance to reconnect with dh.

lovebunny Wed 07-Nov-12 23:07:45

perhaps she doesn't want the responsibility of overnight babysitting?

missymoomoomee Wed 07-Nov-12 23:13:08

If you had been going to her with all your complaints about your arguments then she probably will feel frosty towards him. Its too easy to tell people the bad things and then when you make up expect everyone else to follow suit.

That said, asking her to babysit isn't exactly asking her to spend time with dh so I cant see her problem there.

If I were you I would spend some time singing his praises to your Mum and try not to tell her so much about the arguments.

longjane Wed 07-Nov-12 23:22:37

would you have kids to stay in your house of parents you cant stand so they can go out and pissed and not have to get up in morning.

I dont think many people would

you could always pay a child minder or a nanny

no body has to baby sit

grumpyinthemornings Thu 08-Nov-12 10:10:47

I don't see why it would be an issue, it's about her relationship with her grandkids, not her relationship with your DH. And everyone deserves to go out and have a good time on their birthday smile

Have a great birthday, and a wine on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now