Talk

Advanced search

Oh deary me... (FB/CB/immigrant/unemployment/blah blah related)

(9 Posts)
MsBrown Wed 07-Nov-12 13:45:15

My old school chum has posted this as her Facebook status:

WELL LADIES ITS CAME INTO AFFECT WE ONLY GET CHILD BENEFIT FOR 2 CHILDREN NO MATTER HOW MANY CHILDREN YOU HAVE, GOVERNMENT HAVE AGREED TO IT TODAY, AND IF YOU HAVE A SPARE ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE THEY GOING TO START CHARGING FOR EVER ROOM YOU HAVE SPARE YIPPY, THEY SHAFTED US AGAIN, WE NEED TO GET THIS GOVERNMENT OUT THEY ARE A PILE OF SHITE THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POORER GET POORER, ITS ABOUT TIME WE STARTED STANDING UP TO THEM, THEIR ARE NO JOBS IN THIS COUNTRY DUE TO THEM ALLOWING ALL PEOPLE INTO THE COUNTRY TO WORK, I AGREE TO THE PEOPLE WE NEED , BUT NOT THE ONES WORKING THE JOBS WE COULD HAVE , THE GOVERNMENT PAYS HALF THEIR WAGES AND THE BOSS PAYS THE OTHER HALF, NO THE WONDER THIS COUNTRY IS IN A MESS x

I think she's cut and pasted it from somewhere to be fair.

She has then commented saying that her and her fiance were planning on having another baby but now can't incase it's twins...

She's then went on and bad mouthed our Indian old school chum when he tried to stick up for immigrants.

This lady's attitude shocks me. She doesn't normally post anything remotely 'political'. And it has over 100 comments, from which I can see at least 30 of her friends agree with her line of thinking.

So... would i be unreasonable to go in there and tell them all to get a grip? So far I've expressed my views politely to her, but she's just replying with 'lol'.

Fancydrawers Wed 07-Nov-12 13:48:29

Tell her to fuck off, then defriend. Ignorant tosser.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 07-Nov-12 13:49:13

YANBU being unreasonable to not like it. The grammar crimes are almost as offensive as the content!

I wouldn't bother trying to reason with her if she's just replying "lol" to be honest.

honeytea Wed 07-Nov-12 13:49:48

I would unfriend her and log off facebook.

kinkyfuckery Wed 07-Nov-12 13:51:02

Tell her to do one, then delete. My SIL and her family are amongst others than seem to have this viewpoint. I don't go into it with them to keep the peace, but it were just a school pal, they'd be gone in a flash.

mrskeithrichards Wed 07-Nov-12 13:51:03

She's just an ill informed sheep.

mamamibbo Wed 07-Nov-12 13:52:03

is the child benefit bit true?

Mousefunk Wed 07-Nov-12 14:43:03

I haven't heard about CB being cut to two? Well I mean not actually being cut, I know they wanted to do it.

I'd delete her. She's an idiot, probably the same sort of idiot that reads the DM and supports the BNP.

KenLeeeeeee Wed 07-Nov-12 14:45:47

Tell her she's an uninformed ignoramus, then delete her. This sort of horseshit is exactly why I'm not on fbook any more. There is significantly less OUTRAGE in my life now. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now