Talk

Advanced search

to wonder what happened to tampax slender?

(12 Posts)
shewhowines Wed 07-Nov-12 13:11:38

Looking for beginner tampons for DD. Found tampax lites which appear to be for lighter flows but haven't seen anything equivalent to the old slender size which I started on many years ago .

I've never got on with lillet type products but would like to provide DD with a range of very slim options.

Any suggestions?

cheekydevil Wed 07-Nov-12 13:15:17

YANBU?

Feminine Wed 07-Nov-12 13:22:27

I didn't know they had gone.

Annoying...YANBU grin

Maybe a supermarket will have their version?

chipsandbeans Wed 07-Nov-12 13:25:28

yes I agree, I actually emailed the makers of Tampax tampons a few years ago to query where the classic pink ones had gone and they said lack of demand caused withdrawal from the market. Apparently the purple lights is its replacement, not nearly as good in my experience and the yellow regular size is the same size tampon but bigger tubes.. I have quite light periods and the only thing I ever used was the pink ones.. I even still had one of the holders that were sent with the trial packs and the little book about periods from when I was a teen is on my daughters bookshelf!

Wallison Wed 07-Nov-12 13:29:18

I don't think YABU at all and it's a shame they are no longer there. In terms of ease of use, you might get some Tampax Pearl to give her a go with - I haven't actually measured them against regular Tampax but they are a lot smoother than the cardboard tube ones and they seem thinner somehow. You can't flush the applicator down the loo though, which is a bummer.

Ephiny Wed 07-Nov-12 13:40:04

The Tampax Pearl lites are the smallest and easiest to use that I've come across.

Ephiny Wed 07-Nov-12 13:40:21

(but why is this an AIBU?)

Wallison Wed 07-Nov-12 13:43:18

The other good thing about Tampax Pearl is that they don't come open in your handbag (unlike chipsandbeans I lost my tampon holder years ago and I must have a very restless hip because this happens to me quite a lot).

shewhowines Wed 07-Nov-12 14:18:17

Thanks guys.

Will try the pearl lites. Bit hmm about the landfill aspect of the plastic tubes, but they sound as if they are the best ones to start off with.

Illgetmycoat Wed 07-Nov-12 14:29:12

Litllettes seem to have got the idea that bigger is better too. They name the size of tampons like Starbucks name coffees.

"Super plus", "Super plus extra", "super plus extra with knobs on", "super plus extra, go and see a doctor, your pelvic floor has collapsed".

GhostShip Wed 07-Nov-12 14:34:45

^ You can't flush the applicator down the loo though, which is a bummer^

You're not supposed to be flushing any down the loo.

And OP, just get the ones for the lightest flow, she should be fine! I started on regular when I was 12, didn't have a problem with those smile

I tried pearl for the first time today, and they were really good, maybe she'd like those? They were smoother to insert too (sorry if TMI but it may be useful)

Mandy2003 Wed 07-Nov-12 14:42:42

LOL Illgetmycoat! It's odd but as well as including the smallest tampons, the Tampax Pearl range also contains the most absorbent! Seeing a Pearl Super in water is scary!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now