Talk

Advanced search

to get really irritated by people saying "well, if you really think about it..."

(6 Posts)
applefalls Wed 07-Nov-12 11:12:11

..because that, to me, implies "you haven't thought about it at all, unlike me with my enormous portable think-tank that just spews an unending stream of erudite, perfectly logical opinion that's been run past every professor of thinkology in the land, unlike your crappy little just-fished-it-out-the-drain opinion that's both ill-considered and embarrassingly puerile."

Touchy? Moi?

FatimaLovesBread Wed 07-Nov-12 11:13:41

YANBU wine?

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 07-Nov-12 11:15:04

Yes, touchy. It's just a way of saying 'think about it like this'... and giving you their/another POV.

WorraLiberty Wed 07-Nov-12 11:20:05

If more people really thought before opening their wine holes, the world would be a better place.

Doesn't mean I'm willing to do it mind grin

karron Wed 07-Nov-12 11:20:31

Worse is when they say "yes, when you think about it..." And explain your own thinking to you...<<glares at DH>

applefalls Wed 07-Nov-12 11:28:56

Very happy to hear another POV, in fact I love a good debate. Just that particular phrase sounds rude and condescending.

I'd roll over and purr at "think about it like this."

Karron, yup, explaining your own thinking back to you trumps. And I believe should stand up as a defence for GBH. If not actual murrrdurr, Jean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now