Talk

Advanced search

Derran Brown Apocolypse

(13 Posts)
cheeseandbiscuitsplease Tue 06-Nov-12 23:13:10

So disappointing sad usually love him but this was painful to watch - terrible acting - so surprised he thought this was good enough for tv? His Trick or Treat series was something else smile this was rubbish!!

plim Tue 06-Nov-12 23:27:49

I agree, rubbish and obviously playing on the whole21/12/ 2012 Mayan domesday prophecies.....think he was acting ie the guy supposedly under?

SneakyNuts Wed 07-Nov-12 12:40:47

He was not an actor. Neither are those in his next two- parter.

MrsBethel Wed 07-Nov-12 12:59:44

He wasn't an actor, but he was sort of 'playing along' with it, though. It was pretty much stage hypnotism, but done in a big way.

People hypnotised on stage know what's going on, but the impetus to play along (and not look like a spoil-sport, or ruin the show) carries them through.

SecretCervix Wed 07-Nov-12 13:04:07

HE WAS A BLOODY ACTOR FOR FUCK SAKE

<calms down>

This is really obvious if you look in the right places, i.e his FB profile with pics of him filming as an extra on the set of Waterloo Road!

He was bloody awful, either way!

VonHerrBurton Wed 07-Nov-12 13:10:59

It was absolute bullshit. Terrible acting, especially in the second part. We were in fits of laughter! Just awful.

GossipWitch Wed 07-Nov-12 13:17:12

what !!!! no, I thought it was brilliant but he's an actor, I am never going to believe derren brown ever again !!!!!!

MrsBethel Wed 07-Nov-12 13:57:43

If he were an actor, wouldn't he have acted a bit better?

valiumredhead Wed 07-Nov-12 14:06:11

I cannot believe for one minute that they would've got insurance for something like this,the guy must've have given some sort of consent. Why if he had died from a heart attack brought on by shock?

I only watched 5 mins of it so I'm probably talking bollox! grin

VonHerrBurton Wed 07-Nov-12 14:15:34

No, valium, you're not talking bollocks!

Mrs Are you suggesting all actors are good actors? confused 'cos they're not, you know!

MargeySimpson Wed 07-Nov-12 18:57:48

Derren Brown wrote on twitter that if it wasn't real, then channel 4 would basically sue the ass of him. Because if the guy was an actor, then he'd be misleading the public which is illegal!

I agree witth MrsBethel. Derren Brown can make you do anything, I think he set it up so the guy would act the way he wantted him to

reallyboredatwork Wed 07-Nov-12 18:58:53

LEave the bastard

zlist Wed 07-Nov-12 19:18:03

I used to really like the Derren Brown (even own DVDs etc) but I found this just plain boring. I think really Derren has shown us what he can do and now it is all getting a bit repetitive. I doubt I will bother watching any of his stuff in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now