Talk

Advanced search

To be fooking fuming!

(26 Posts)
Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:25:54

You'll say I'm being hormonal and overreacting but I'm so upset right now.
Oh is a plasterer and has been helping out a friend who has brought a wreck of house over last couple weeks for free basically he will return the favour when we move house (he's a plumber do will fit new bathroom etc)
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have been stressed blood pressure on high side, he's been working on friends house last 3 weekends and last 2 nights he promised me he'd be back by 7.30 tonight its now 10.30 So pissed off with him I know he's being a good friend but he's really let me down I need him at the minute. Sat here in tears

MrsWhoGivesaShit Tue 06-Nov-12 22:28:55

yes he is a bastard! its great that he is a good friend, but he really should put you first and keep promises.

give him hell when he gets home! grin

Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:31:57

I will be! I told him at weekend this is time we will never get back and thought I got through to him obviously not, he's too soft for his own good he needs to learn how to say no to people

Whoknowswhocares Tue 06-Nov-12 22:35:52

Depends why he is late. If its cos he has finished up and is enjoying himself with mate......give him it both barrels! If however,job taken longer than he thought and he's finishing it so today is the last day he has to leave you, then that's a different story. Stupid sod should have text you to say so though.Has he?

MrsWhoGivesaShit Tue 06-Nov-12 22:48:30

bless him. i have a friend who is too nice for his own good, to he point where he buggers things up for himself! eg. 'lent ' his duvet to someone confused and had to ask us for a sleeping bag!! - please dont ask, we didnt! grin

Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:49:43

Back in 5 mins ago- late cause he was getting it all finished, he did text at 7 to say he'd be a but longer then nothing.
Had an argument told him he's let me down it's not about tonight it's all the other times I wanted him home he doesn't see what he's done wrong so told him to leave me be now

Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:50:15

Hate going sleep on an argument too but am too mad to make up

BabylonPI Tue 06-Nov-12 22:54:34

Natnat what is your vague location?

I only ask as DH is a plumber who has been working flat out today with his plasterer to get a job finished before the plasterers DW has a baby smile

MammaTJ Tue 06-Nov-12 23:13:44

Oh, that would be too much of a coincidence!! I need to know now!! grin

GhostShip Tue 06-Nov-12 23:26:36

Wow what a coincidence!

BabylonPI Tue 06-Nov-12 23:28:22

Lol!!
I'm not sure but it is a bloody coincidence them both working late and the circumstances do add up!! DH is asleep now, but I'll quiz him in the morning!!!

JimmysMum1988 Tue 06-Nov-12 23:35:19

Go get some chocolate! I'm 34+5 and it works for me grin

Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 23:39:34

That's spooky weird but the plumber is not married and his gf is not expecting so not the same people I'm guessing

FutTheShuckUp Tue 06-Nov-12 23:41:24

I think shes talking about YOU expecting and YOUR dh/dp being the plasterer...

Natnat29 Tue 06-Nov-12 23:43:38

Read it wrong duh! Maybe but I'm 30 wks so not ready to drop yet (I hope)

BabylonPI Tue 06-Nov-12 23:51:25

Ah ok!! My plumber is definitely married (to me) and I'm not expecting AFAIK confused

what a coincidence huh??!

Hope he's contrite and very attentive tomorrow smile

MidniteScribbler Tue 06-Nov-12 23:54:20

YABU. He wasn't out at the pub, he was getting a job done. I'm sure that when the favour is returned on your new bathroom that you won't be complaining when his mate stays back late in order to get the job done on time, will you?

You can't cope on your own for a few hours?

NewNames Tue 06-Nov-12 23:57:49

YABU unreasonable. It's not like your waters have broken and you're waiting for him to take you to the hospital. He's being a good friend and you will get your bathroom done. Chill!

pictish Tue 06-Nov-12 23:57:52

Agree with midnite - what's all this fuss for??

Firawla Wed 07-Nov-12 00:00:09

I think yabu really, he was working cos he wants to support you and the baby, surely that is a good thing. It shows he is a decent guy, dont be too hard on him he's not really done anything wrong. Better that than sat at home not bringing in any work surely

abbierhodes Wed 07-Nov-12 00:08:15

YABU. He's been working late, not out on the piss. You don't need him home, you want him home, that's all. Be grateful that you have met a decent bloke who wants too provide for his family. (Which he is doing, despite not being paid, if you're getting work in return.)

Don't argue over this, life is too short.

pictish Wed 07-Nov-12 00:11:02

Threads like this one get my goat for two reasons.

1. If it were the man sitting at home demanding his wife come back from helping a friend for no other reason than to keep him company, then starting a row when she didn't, it would be all "leave the controlling bastard" wouldn't it?

2. There seems to be a theme on here whereby men are just to do what they're told and I hate it. They are not our employees.

And while I think of it....
3. Pregnant schmegnant. You're 30 weeks and not about to go into labour. Pregnancy isn't a licence to get your own way over every little thing.

ladymariner Wed 07-Nov-12 00:12:33

YABU. If he was sat at home turning work away what would you be saying then?

NewNames Wed 07-Nov-12 00:24:05

Agree, pic and I think others do too!

OP said we might say she's a hormonal wreckhead and she is a bit actually.

tallwivglasses Wed 07-Nov-12 00:31:08

In which case she deserves a foot rub and tea in bed in the morning grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now