Talk

Advanced search

To think it must be a bit of a nightmare to live in a swing state?

(8 Posts)
JoshLyman Tue 06-Nov-12 22:06:58

You must get bombarded with phone calls, canvassers, TV ads. They must be thoroughly sick of it by now!

CMOTDibbler Tue 06-Nov-12 22:09:00

My colleagues in Nevada are certainly sick of it. Those in Virginia and California haven't mentioned being harassed in the way the NV lot are (think 4 calls a day).
The TV ads are nationwide

Scout19075 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:11:23

Some of the ads are targeted as well.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't live at home any more. So many of my friends from home are saying on FB they can't wait to be able to watch tv/listen to the radio/answer the phone again.

CaliforniaLeaving Tue 06-Nov-12 22:59:39

I'm sick of the calls here in California, I can't imagine how awful it is to be in a swing state.
Our news was saying something about the only ads showing were Obama and Romney ones, alternating, at every break in the shows last night. Shudder.

hiddenhome Tue 06-Nov-12 23:04:31

ha, ha I misread the title as 'It must be a bit of a nightmare to live on a swingers estate' and had images of dozens of randy neighbours coming knocking on your door every night seeking 'company' grin

littletingoddess Tue 06-Nov-12 23:04:57

YANBU.

I grew up in Georgia, but all of our local TV channels were from just over the border in Florida, so we got all the ads that were targetted at them. It got very tiring, very quickly.

MammaTJ Tue 06-Nov-12 23:07:44

Ha ha, hidden, I went out to celebrate a friends birthday recently and when one of my younger friends went to the bar she got propositioned by a couple!! She is very straight laced and was very shocked.

As for the OP, I would have an answer machine message with 'I will vote for whoever phones me the least'. grin

bran Tue 06-Nov-12 23:08:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now