Talk

Advanced search

To still feel boaky thinking about this

(44 Posts)
BoakFace Tue 06-Nov-12 20:29:10

I witnessed something disgusting today and I had to sit and experience it for 40 minutes. I feel sorry for the woman but I am also just a bit sickened.

I had to go to to a talk today, and a colleague of the woman holding the talk sat in front of me.

A few minutes in, she started scratching her head quite a bit. Oh dear, I thought, not very nice, but maybe she has dry skin or something.

Now, her hair was quite greasy, so it was parting to reveal her head quite a lot. The scratching got quite furious, and eventually the hair parted to reveal a weeping red sore which she scratched, picked and squeezed.

I TRIED so hard not to look, but it was directly in my line of vision as I was watching the presentation and I could hear the scratching.

The woman then changed the angle of her head slightly, carried on scratching and picking one of the sores, and then, because she'd changed the angle of her head, I could see her looking at the stuff she had collected under her nails and on her fingers and licking them and eating it from under her nails.

I do feel sorry for her, but honestly I just had to get this out of me, it was horrible to watch. There were so many seats with empty rows behind them, there was a door right next to her, it would have been so easy to pop out and go to the toilet.

I had to stay in the talk, though, and I just couldn't avoid seeing it.

And breathe.

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 06-Nov-12 20:32:14

Oh my goodness, I hope you gave her a look that said 'I saw you eating your head-scab, you minger'.

WelliesAreCool Tue 06-Nov-12 20:34:11

YANBU
Bleurg. envy

PenguinBear Tue 06-Nov-12 20:37:36

YANBU, you mention she licked And ate it... Is there a possibility she had some form of additional needs? My friend's sister has additional needs and will do all manner of things in public as she doesn't realise she shouldn't iyswim.

belindarose Tue 06-Nov-12 20:39:05

Thanks. Now I feel boaky too. But my fault for reading!

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 20:40:16

just eww envy

BoakFace Tue 06-Nov-12 20:40:48

PenguinBear She didn't appear to, although that doesn't mean she didn't.

The original scratching did seem like she was trying to keep it subtle (rearranging hair, stroking hair, having a quick scratch at the same time) and then couldn't be bothered anymore.

pictish Tue 06-Nov-12 20:41:59

Omg envy

TheMonster Tue 06-Nov-12 20:43:13

Urgh.

ninah Tue 06-Nov-12 20:43:54

why all the envy? confused

axure Tue 06-Nov-12 20:44:29

This wasn't too bad until I got to the licking & eating bit!!!! I daresay it was itchy so scratching OK, but licking & eating????!!!!

butterflyroom Tue 06-Nov-12 20:46:19

Jesus Christ.

MrsBungleBear Tue 06-Nov-12 20:46:23

Now I am boaking! Erg, actually I do feel sick. I couldn't have sat there!

ladymariner Tue 06-Nov-12 20:48:08

That's made my stomach heave...disgusting!

Why didn't you move though?

Fakebook Tue 06-Nov-12 21:05:30

Oh shit. There goes my dinner. Thanks.

BoakFace Tue 06-Nov-12 21:15:04

Sorry blush

Softlysoftly Tue 06-Nov-12 21:20:34

Could she have actually caused the sore by scratching/eating being a habit?

<<shudder>> you were brave not to move.

BoakFace Tue 06-Nov-12 21:30:00

I couldn't really have moved. I was sitting in the fullest part of the hall with rows behind and in front quite close unfortunately.

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-Nov-12 21:31:41

sad I feel a bit funny just reading that.

Everlong Tue 06-Nov-12 21:31:56

Oh fuck.

That's gross.

What is wrong with some people.

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 06-Nov-12 21:41:41

I suppose it might be politer to eat your scab than to flick it on the floor.

SpeckleDust Tue 06-Nov-12 21:43:19

Boaky boak boak

YANBU

Fakebook Tue 06-Nov-12 21:47:37

I'm sure someone will come along and say how she might be suffering from some kind of OCD that involves itching the same spot in the head and eating the <shudders> flakes.

I just think she's a disgusting sick cow.

Everlong Tue 06-Nov-12 21:54:32

Hmm maybe fake

I am rubbish around anybody picking skin, hair nails. The noise goes through me. If I'd have been the OP I couldn't have stayed, as pathetic as that sounds.

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-Nov-12 21:56:08

DS has a friend who scratches. He pulls up his trouser leg and rakes and rakes at his leg with his fingernails. You can hear it more than seeing it. It makes me feel peculiar. <shudder>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now